Vga / Hdmi / 1050 ti

Solution
Considering all the stuff necessary to make HDMI/DP/DVI-to-VGA happen, I'm surprised that such adapters are listed for under $10 but seeing how many of them there are, I'd be even more surprised if they were all fakes. If two out of two adapters didn't work, that's looking like something got overlooked... such as connecting the external 5V supply for the converter.

InvalidError

Titan
The only things that make HDMI 'better' is official support for audio and a smaller connector. Aside from that, the two use the same signaling standards. If your old active converter didn't work, it was either defective, incorrectly setup such as requiring additional external power or a fake listing such as a passive adapter fraudulently listed as active. The performance of proper active HDMI, DVI and DP -to-VGA adapters should be indistinguishable.

Since the one you are looking at is "fulfilled by Amazon", you shouldn't have any trouble returning it if it doesn't work as advertised.

Toxic1235213

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016

would it still work though? well lets see hopefully since i bougt a dvi d to vga it didn't work hope hdmi works

Toxic1235213

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016

it did not work i need a new moniter gonna buy a 1080 60hz dvi d , vga , hdmi moniter

InvalidError

Titan
Considering all the stuff necessary to make HDMI/DP/DVI-to-VGA happen, I'm surprised that such adapters are listed for under $10 but seeing how many of them there are, I'd be even more surprised if they were all fakes. If two out of two adapters didn't work, that's looking like something got overlooked... such as connecting the external 5V supply for the converter.

Solution