[SOLVED] vga led and beeps

1troy2me

Reputable
Mar 21, 2019
Hi'
Odd error, new Prime z390a to replace shorted z370a11 due to fan hub header plug misplaced. i posted about the burnt board. Still using the previous 9600k cpu.
So new board all works good except when using my gtx 970 with display port i get white vga led and one medium beep and 3 short, initially would not have a picture but after bios and other updates i get a picture but after beeps and vga light stays on. Switch to hdmi and i have no issue.
I have a new power supply corsair hx 750 running on single rail or wire to psu to power the graphics card and switched to single 12volt power on the power switch not multiple.
Any idea of why display port is an issue, never use to be on previous board?

thanks

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please include/list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

You should also include the old and new specs to your build(i.e, we're going to see two sets of specs).

Did you reinstall your OS once you migrated to the new board? What PSU were you using prior to the Corsair HX750? You might also want to see if you have a grounding issue in your crib/room where the system is being powered off of.

Reactions: 1troy2me

1troy2me

Reputable
Mar 21, 2019
yeah i should post all that info, i think i found the issue, screen display is dp 1.4 and gpu is 1.2, have installed NVIDIA display port driver, so far so good.