[SOLVED] VGA LED B450 Aorus M Help

Jan 26, 2021
Hi,

I have a computer that’s been working fine for the past 2 months. It has a Ryzen 3600, Ripjaw 2x8GB 3600 MHz, 2 SSDs, B450 AORUS M, RTX 3070 (GIGABYTE), and a Corsair CV Series CV650. Today, I restarted it and came back 30 minutes later to the computer not displaying anything. I looked at my MOBO and the VGA LED is on. However, when I start up the computer the LED flashes from the CPU to the DRAM to the VGA, then stays on VGA (Not sure if it always does this during start up). When I turn it off, the CPU LED flashes. I reseated the GPU and that didn’t work and also reset CMOS. Nothing is displaying, however, all the LEDs on my MOBO work and my CPU and case fans are running.

Note: The GPUs fans spin initially when starting then stops. I restarted the PC because it was acting sluggish/ buggy when moving files around my computer.

Any tips? My ideas are it's either a fault PSU or MOBO. The PSU is rated 650W bronze.

Solution
I wouldn't assume anything. Take the board out of the case and with minimal hardware, as outlined in my guide, bench test it. It should be fairly simple to eliminate everything other than the board in most cases.

My knee jerk opinion would be that it's MOST likely that that CV650, which is VERY low quality for the kind of system you have, is the MOST probable culprit. These are simply re-imagined VS units with a slightly reworked topology to achieve Bronze certification, but overall are still extremely poor quality (Especially for use in any high demand type system such as a gaming or professional use system) and are highly likely to experience early failure in these types of systems.

With a weak or faulty PSU you could very easily see a VGA light indicating a problem. And even if the PSU is NOT the problem, it definitely doesn't belong in that system with that hardware. It's a very poor way to support your otherwise really decent hardware.

I'd start there, and then if you still have a problem, THEN worry about what else it might be.

Jan 26, 2021
My knee jerk opinion would be that it's MOST likely that that CV650, which is VERY low quality for the kind of system you have, is the MOST probable culprit. These are simply re-imagined VS units with a slightly reworked topology to achieve Bronze certification, but overall are still extremely poor quality (Especially for use in any high demand type system such as a gaming or professional use system) and are highly likely to experience early failure in these types of systems.

With a weak or faulty PSU you could very easily see a VGA light indicating a problem. And even if the PSU is NOT the problem, it definitely doesn't belong in that system with that hardware. It's a very poor way to support your otherwise really decent hardware.

I'd start there, and then if you still have a problem, THEN worry about what else it might be.
I just switched out the PSU with a 750w Bronze GX750 from Cooler Master that I know works and I am still running into the issue. The only port I didn't switch out was the storage pins, but I know I do not need that to post. I'm thinking it's the MOBO then, I've seen on Amazon that other people have this issue too.

I wouldn't assume anything. Take the board out of the case and with minimal hardware, as outlined in my guide, bench test it. It should be fairly simple to eliminate everything other than the board in most cases.

Solution