Question VGA light on if booting with HDMI cable connected, disconnecting the cable solves this ?

Aug 6, 2022
So I have a weird problem. If I boot my new PC with hdmi cable in(connected to turned on monitor) the VGA led light stays on and I get no POST. If I connect the cable after booting to POST it works as normal.

Edit: it doesnt recognize DP ports at all and now it successfully launched with HDMI in port, VGA light is off but I have no signal. Launching without HDMI in port still works
Edit2: Back to square one, booting with hdmi makes vga led stay on

Undefined behavior, sometimes its the first thing sometimes its the other but it always work as long as its HDMI and I connect it after boot

Anybody has any idea why this happens?

CPU: i5-12600k
Mobo: msi pro b660m-a
Psu: corsair rmx850w
Ram: g skill ripjaws 32gb

Last edited:
So I have a weird problem. If I boot my new PC with hdmi cable in(connected to turned on monitor) the VGA led light stays on and I get no POST. If I connect the cable after booting to POST it works as normal.

Edit: it doesnt recognize DP ports at all and now it successfully launched with HDMI in port, VGA light is off but I have no signal. Launching without HDMI in port still works
Edit2: Back to square one, booting with hdmi makes vga led stay on

Undefined behavior, sometimes its the first thing sometimes its the other but it always work as long as its HDMI and I connect it after boot

Anybody has any idea why this happens?

CPU: i5-12600k
Mobo: msi pro b660m-a
Psu: corsair rmx850w
Ram: g skill ripjaws 32gb
could you try to boot without hdmi but spamming del and f2 at the same time so that it would go to bios, then plug the hdmi?