Question vga light on motherboard

Nov 28, 2021
Please help, I assembled my pc yesterday, everything is brand new without the video card and the power supply that was purchased last year at that time.
My problem is that the computer turns on when it wants, I mean it shows a picture when it wants otherwise a black screen and the vga light on the motherboard is on. I'm sure the video card works, I tried it in another computer.
Pc specs: I5 10400f B560m steel legend 8gb 3200 kingston Rx 580 4 gb 600w deepcool

Please help, I assembled my pc yesterday, everything is brand new without the video card and the power supply that was purchased last year at that time.
My problem is that the computer turns on when it wants, I mean it shows a picture when it wants otherwise a black screen and the vga light on the motherboard is on. I'm sure the video card works, I tried it in another computer.
Pc specs: I5 10400f B560m steel legend 8gb 3200 kingston Rx 580 4 gb 600w deepcool
Exact model of your PSU? See the label on it, or take a photo and upload it to imgur
Try with a decent power supply, the one you have is not a good unit.
How can you tell without knowing the exact model?

Nov 28, 2021
And reseat the card a few times, that might do it. But you really should replace that power supply, Deepcool make terrible power supplies.
I put another video card and it showed a picture when I put my card in his computer it showed a picture when I put it back in my computer again it didn't show a picture then again process and i think we killed it cuz the fans are spining but its not posting (my pc is working with his gpu and we have the same psu)

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The psu is deepcool DE600W i saw pretty good reviews for budget psu thats why i bought it

Reviews or "reviews?" Consumer comments on reviews are not actually reviews and add nothing since only a small percentage of consumers have the ability to evaluate anything about a PSU except for whether it's visibly on or not.

I forgot about this one as it's so old; it's even worse than the one I referenced above. The DA600 is a bad PSU, but this one is a horror show, a fake 600 W that only could theoretically ever have 408W of +12V power.

Very troubling that this PSU was even running with a GPU that requires supplementary power.

Do not look at the following image if you are eating or are suffering a heart condition.

Untitled.png

Nov 28, 2021
Reviews or "reviews?" Consumer comments on reviews are not actually reviews and add nothing since only a small percentage of consumers have the ability to evaluate anything about a PSU except for whether it's visibly on or not.

I forgot about this one as it's so old; it's even worse than the one I referenced above. The DA600 is a bad PSU, but this one is a horror show, a fake 600 W that only could theoretically ever have 408W of +12V power.

Very troubling that this PSU was even running with a GPU that requires supplementary power.
So your saying that my pc is posting whenever it wants bcs it needs more power?

Nov 28, 2021
No, I'm saying the PSU is cheaply made junk of ancient design, that should never have been used on a modern PC with a GPU. And now, either the junk PSU is failing, the GPU is failing, or the junk PSU has damaged your GPU over time, and now both are failing.
I will do more test with another psu.Whats psu should i get?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
With GPUs expensive and a lot of modern hardware, I wouldn't go lower than Tier B.

Nov 28, 2021
With GPUs expensive and a lot of modern hardware, I wouldn't go lower than Tier B.

On the other side the gpu can just be dead
But thanks for the help!