Ram: Corsair 16Gb(8gb×2) 3000Mhz
SSD: Nvme 256gb
SSD: Kingston 120gb
HDD 2.5: Samsung 2tb
HDD 3.5: Seagate 3tb
PSU: Corsair cx550M 550Watt
Fans: Corsair LL120(×6)
Case: Corsair Crystal 280x

My problem: Alright, so I've followed about 20 threads with the same exact problem as me & they're all saying they're solved without actually saying the solution. 75% of those were literally "The display came back on, idk what happened" & a couple of them were people saying they hit the sides of their pc & it worked.

I've tried mainly everything that I've read & There has been 0 luck. I've tested the ram numerous times, with only one in each slot once, both, none, etc. I've unplugged all fans, rgb, heatsink, harddrives & ssd's but no luck either. Some solutions were suggesting a faulty motherboard part but there was no way to test that suggestion. HDMI's are not the problem as they work with consoles & the displays are not the problem since the console is displayed onto them.

The vga light stays on no matter what I attempt, there is currently no GPU inside of the pc seeing as how I have not bought one yet. Now as I've said that, could that be the reason why the vga light is on & there's no signal coming out of the on board HDMI? I'll be purchasing a gpu tomorrow anyways, but I would've liked to set it up tonight.

I've also unplugged the psu, held down the power & that hasn't worked. So my question in the last paragraph is what I'm currently asking; I've built computers before but this problem is the only one that has persisted this long. Thanks in advance

Also: I'm not sure what the proper listing is for this problem, so if a mod needs to move it to the appropriate category, feel free

Mar 10, 2019
....But you dont have gpu.What "vga" light are you talking about?
There are debug lights that almost tell you what the problem is, The vga light is white. Top right of the motherboard next to boot & dram. & yes I've stated that there is no gpu, you've read that correctly. I'll be purchasing one tomorrow, but on board video does exist.

nick_v15

Prominent
BANNED
Jan 7, 2018
Is this a new build?Try reconnecting everything.Make sure that you do not have an 8 pin PCIe power connector hooked up to the CPU power connection (the connectors look similar)

Status
Not open for further replies.