[SOLVED] VGA monitor not working with PS4 ?

Jan 7, 2022
I have an old Samsung monitor with VGA slot i tried to connect it to a PS4 with a converter from vga to hdmi and the converter has an extra power slot DC/5V
The monitor it self is working i connected it with laptop and works fine same with the ps4 its working and tried it on a tv screen but when i connect the ps4 with the monitor ,it keeps turning on and off
And i can see the ps4 is working like i can see the menu and move but the monitor keeps turning on and off i disabled dmca option in the ps4 and changed the resolution to 480p and 720p but still the same problem the model of the monitor is samsung syncmaster 632nw.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

with a converter from vga to hdmi
Might want to parse a link to said adapter. Have you tried tethering the adapter alongside the monitor to another known working system(that has HDMI output)?

Jan 7, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

with a converter from vga to hdmi
Might want to parse a link to said adapter. Have you tried tethering the adapter alongside the monitor to another known working system(that has HDMI output)?
Thanks for replying
Yes i tried connecting it with a laptop with hdmi port using the adapter and the monitor is working fine

I have an old Samsung monitor with VGA slot i tried to connect it to a PS4 with a converter from vga to hdmi
To connect vga monitor to hdmi source you need hdmi to vga adapter (not vga to hdmi adapter).
Those are active signal converters and work in single direction only.

adaptador_hdmi_a_vga_01_l.jpg

Jan 7, 2022
I have an old Samsung monitor with VGA slot i tried to connect it to a PS4 with a converter from vga to hdmi and the converter has an extra power slot DC/5V
The monitor it self is working i connected it with laptop and works fine same with the ps4 its working and tried it on a tv screen but when i connect the ps4 with the monitor ,it keeps turning on and off
And i can see the ps4 is working like i can see the menu and move but the monitor keeps turning on and off i disabled dmca option in the ps4 and changed the resolution to 480p and 720p but still the same problem the model of the monitor is samsung syncmaster 632nw.
I changed the resolution to automatic and it worked
thanks for the help

Latest posts