VGA monitor perma disabled and not allowed to change resolution. Help?

EngageTheSun

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014
I recently switched around my computer setup, and I wanted to try having 3 monitor hooked up to my system instead of the normal 2. This is my setup right now, it has a Westinghouse 32" 1080p TV on the left, a HP W2071d 1600x900 monitor in the center, and a very old Dell 1280x1024 on the far right (btw I know how ghetto this setup looks at the moment, I'm just screwing around with this right now until I have enough to buy some decent monitors and a decent monitor mount.) For some reason, when I go into the display settings for Windows, it knows that the VGA monitor is connected to the computer, but Windows won't allow me to change the resolution that the monitor can support, and it wont let me "enable" the monitor. Pic related. Same story with Catalyst Control Center too. It knows the display is connected to the computer, but it won't allow me to turn on the display. Another thing I need to note is that when I disable the 1080p TV, all of the other monitors reset, and the VGA monitor becomes active! Is there any way to fix this issue other than reinstalling my GPU drivers? I've scanned some other forum posts that are possible to relation of my issue, but all of them recommend reinstalling the GPU driver (which I wouldn't be a big fan of since this is my only good PC). Is it because the VGA monitors panel isn't 16x9 like all the other monitors? Why is it that I can use the 1600x900 monitor perfectly fine with the 1280x1024 monitor, but can't use the three together? I would really like some help. Thank you.

Other info: GPU= Radeon R9 270X (factory clock/voltage), Catalyst Information
1080p TV= HDMI, 1600x900 HP Monitor= DVI, 1280x1024 Dell Monitor= DVI-VGA Adapter

TRENDING THREADS