[SOLVED] VGA/ Mouse/ Keyboard Failure?

MrFaill

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015
Came home from work one night to my pc just not picking up any connections to my mouse, keyboard, and monitor.

The monitor status says theres no connection or vga cable active. My keyboard isnt lighting up and my mouse’s red light isnt popping up either. I plugged them both into a ps4 to see if either of them had just died off but they worked just fine. Tried a different vga cable but that didnt change anything either. I cant enter my computer or get into bios because I need the mouse/keyboard to be on to literally see anything on my computer. All im getting is nothing on my screen. I have an vga-hdmi converter for the ps4 and it works fine so I know the monitor isnt the problem.

I investigated online only a bit and just tried a few tips but still nothing. I took out my 2 ram sticks and swapped their slots, I took out my gpu and the cmos battery thing and just put em back but still nothing. Im planning to take out the power supply and clean it up to see if that might be the case, but Im hoping I dont have to replace anything.

If anyones got any kind of idea as to what might be the problem any help is appreciated! It was fine the day prior and this just seemed to pop out of nowhere.

(P.S. Sorry for my poor grammar)

Solution
What is your computer speccs - what age is it ?

I think it is most likely a PSU problem. If the motherboard is some years old you should try look closesly and see if any capacitors looks bad (i.e. not flat on top, but seems like boiled).

I think it is most likely a PSU problem. If the motherboard is some years old you should try look closesly and see if any capacitors looks bad (i.e. not flat on top, but seems like boiled).

Solution

MrFaill

Reputable
Oct 19, 2015

You were right it did end up being the power supply, the pc’s around 6 years old. Thanks for the help.

TRENDING THREADS