VGA no signal ( prebuilt PC/ASUS monitor) HELP

adamhereyaknow

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016
Hey i recently brought a prebuilt pc from Fresh Tech Solutions- http://www.freshtechsolutions.co.uk/custom-built-computers/intel-geforce-gaming-computers/intel-core-i7-6700-2tb-ssd-16gb-2133mhz-gtx-1060-3gb-galaxy-r-gaming-pc.html -
I set it up and turned on the monitor and it came up with 'VGA no signal' then went back into standby. I've tried all the connections they are all good and i also tried pressing keyboard buttons to get it to do anything, it seems to not respond at all. I'm not that confident with PC's thats why i brought a prebuilt after asking friends (which is good with PC's) for advice. They also don't know what the problem is.

Solution
Simple things to consider before going down the self fix it route.

Are you certain you connected the monitor cable to the graphics card ports rather than the motherboard? (From what I can tell from the case, the ports should go lengthways across rather than up the side.)

What connection are you using? DVI? HDMI? VGA? (Is there a different cable you can use?)

What peripherals have you got plugged into the USB ports? (I had boot up issues when peripherals were inserted into a particular USB port. Removing it allowed the PC to boot.)

Depending how confident you are proceeding: check this thread

It does require opening up the case. However, if you have just bought it then it shouldn't be out of the question to contact the...
Simple things to consider before going down the self fix it route.

Are you certain you connected the monitor cable to the graphics card ports rather than the motherboard? (From what I can tell from the case, the ports should go lengthways across rather than up the side.)

What connection are you using? DVI? HDMI? VGA? (Is there a different cable you can use?)

What peripherals have you got plugged into the USB ports? (I had boot up issues when peripherals were inserted into a particular USB port. Removing it allowed the PC to boot.)

Depending how confident you are proceeding: check this thread

It does require opening up the case. However, if you have just bought it then it shouldn't be out of the question to contact the seller about the problem you're having. It does state on the page you linked it has 1 year warranty.

Last thought on the matter: you did have them install an Operating System, right? (I don't see the product page having a customisation link, but as it stands the PC doesn't have an OS. Though it should still boot to BIOS.)

Solution

adamhereyaknow

Commendable
Sep 24, 2016

alright ill try the things you've suggested and theres only one input slot for the monitor (VGA) i only had my keyboard/mouse plugged in other than my monitor connected.