[SOLVED] VGA No Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 1, 2024
Hello
I've came here to address an issue that im experiencing, currently when i try to boot up my computer, there is no display [ I have a VH222 Asus monitor], when i do a hardware reset, the Asus logo appears then after that it says VGA No signal then blackscreen, i have tried simple solutions like reseating/ switching ram, reseating gpu, resetting CMOS Battery etc. I can confirm that its not my monitor problem because i have tried with different cables and different monitor but no results so its a different problem

- I need some tips and solutions on how to fix this because at this point it has become a hassle and very annoying, Thanks
Kind Regards - Hyoka

Reactions: Tony217
Jan 1, 2024
What are the full system specs includes the brand and model of the GPU and PSU?
CPU - Intel Pentium G3220 3.0 Ghz
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
RAM - 8gb 1333 mhz
Storage - 1 TB HDD and 512gb HDD
Motherboard - H81MLV3 Biostar motherboard
Power Supply - Segostep ATX-500W

By the way, im aware that the system spec is quite unequal, for instance CPU with the GPU but it doesn't really matter for 60 fps gaming and other workloads

Also i forgot to mention, I dont know any cause to this problem, i just woke up 1 day and i got no vga signal, which was fixed by reseating the ram, then later on it required to get a CMOS battery reset then later on, here.
If you cant think of any reasons why, you can just give me some solutions on what can possibly fix it, thanks
Kind Regards - Hyoka

Jan 1, 2024
UPDATE: I have tried plugging the TV on my computer and it worked perfectly, but when i try plugging it back on the monitor again, it doesn't work, i even bought a new converter, this time i got display port to vga instead of the old one hdmi to vga but no results.
Literally i plugged my tv and the monitor in my computer but only the tv display was detected and worked, while the monitor didnt even get detected or gave a signal

Jan 1, 2024
Update: i got it fixed, i set somewhere in the Chipset bios setting to IGFX, then when i was in the TV, i installed the motherboard graphics driver (which is Intel HD Graphics) and it worked on the monitor then, but it was sluggish and delay'ish so i wanted to try and reinstall the graphics driver on my GTX 1060 then plug the VGA cable directly on the GTX 1060 and it worked miraculously. The next day i was playing Doom Eternal and when i quit the game, the monitor went all black and told no VGA Signal, then i plugged the VGA cable to the motherboard gave a display, so i decided to restart the computer, when it rebooted, there was only the Intel's graphic center icon on my desktop, so i plugged the VGA cable directly on my GTX 1060 and it showed display.
The next day, when i exited playing War thunder, the monitor again went all black screen with VGA no signal, i restarted the pc but every icon on my desktop was showing, i plugged the VGA cable into my GTX 1060 but didnt gave any display, so i plugged it back to my motherboard then tried disabling and enabling the GTX 1060 on device manager, when i re-enabled it, the screen had a flicker and there was only the Intel graphics center icon, then i tried plugging the VGA cable in to the GTX 1060 then it again gave display.

The next 2 days, i decided to try out a new game which was called Engine evolution, i played it for 1hr and 34min, when i exited the game, it went black screen again with VGA no signal again, shocking, none the fixes i mention above worked, so i wanted to try and re-install the graphics driver on the GTX 1060 and that way it worked.

From what i noticed, the black screen happens every time i try out a new game, exit it. I honestly don't know what is causing this error, its the most random error i have seen and encountered, can anyone suggest me any software to look upon what is the GTX 1060 interfering for it to cause a black screen every time i exit a game, thanks.

And also this is not a made up scenario, i can send video proof if needed,

Kind regards - Hyoka

Status
Not open for further replies.