[SOLVED] VGA PCIe cables on EVGA G3 & EVGA GQ --- interchangeable or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tytds

Honorable
Mar 26, 2016
Are the PCIe EVGA cables between the G3 and GQ interchangeable? I know the sata cables are not, however, Im using a pcie cable for my GPU where the cord is labeled "VGA GQ" and the psu im using is a G3, been using it for two years now. This won't impact anything when upgrading the GPU right?

Solution
haven't handled the GQ but think they are probably for it, sinced you have used these and it seems to work is the pinout on the psu side likely the same or otherwise would you have been in big problems. So no harm in using it/them (if coming from the GQ that is, leave the type 3/4 alone, that sounds indeed Corsair).

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You really should use the cables that come with a certain psu and not be lazy to replace what is already routed, but seeing that you already use it like this for 2 years and not have problems i guess that the pinout is the same so in that case it won't matter.

tytds

Honorable
Mar 26, 2016
You really should use the cables that come with a certain psu and not be lazy to replace what is already routed, but seeing that you already use it like this for 2 years and not have problems i guess that the pinout is the same so in that case it won't matter.
Yea im trying to find the actual PCIe connector for my G3, but idk if that pcie connector labeled VGA GQ is actually meant for my G3. I looked into my GQ psu box, and all I see are type4 and type3 connections - those are for corsair psus im assuming? I've misplaced cables between corsair and evga boxes when I was building a long time ago... I couldn't find any pcie cables, and my G3 box is empty since I used up all the cables on my PC right now.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
haven't handled the GQ but think they are probably for it, sinced you have used these and it seems to work is the pinout on the psu side likely the same or otherwise would you have been in big problems. So no harm in using it/them (if coming from the GQ that is, leave the type 3/4 alone, that sounds indeed Corsair).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.