[SOLVED] VGA Red Light on Aorus Pro b450 wifi

May 9, 2020
Last week, I just built my first PC, but I have run into some problems in the last couple of days. Sometimes, when I turn on the PC, it will load up until the Windows lock screen, then it would go black and my monitor will say no signal, and the VGA light will be lit. After forcing the PC to turn off and turning it back on, it starts working just fine. My display is connected via HDMI. Does anyone know why this might be the case?

the components are
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte Radeon RX 5600 XT
Aorus Pro B450 Wifi

Solution
After a few weeks of troubleshooting, I had the idea that this might be a drivers issue instead of a hardware issue. I finally fixed the issue and the past couple of days, the PC has been booting up normally with no issues at all. I concluded that this might be related to a driver problem since I was getting weird crashes during normal use.

The way I solved this issue was to go online and download DDU, which is the display drivers uninstaller to ensure that I remove all instances of drivers, so old drivers can't interfere with newly installed ones (I read it could cause problems similar to mine). Here are the steps I took afterward:

1. Turn off WIFI
  2. Launch DDU in Safe Mode (following instructions on their website)
  3. Reinstall...
May 9, 2020
May 9, 2020
As an update, yesterday morning, I moved gpu down to the second PCI slot to see if it changed anything, but the same problem is occurring. How do I tell if this is a gpu problem or a motherboard problem?

May 9, 2020
After a few weeks of troubleshooting, I had the idea that this might be a drivers issue instead of a hardware issue. I finally fixed the issue and the past couple of days, the PC has been booting up normally with no issues at all. I concluded that this might be related to a driver problem since I was getting weird crashes during normal use.

The way I solved this issue was to go online and download DDU, which is the display drivers uninstaller to ensure that I remove all instances of drivers, so old drivers can't interfere with newly installed ones (I read it could cause problems similar to mine). Here are the steps I took afterward:

1. Turn off WIFI
  2. Launch DDU in Safe Mode (following instructions on their website)
  3. Reinstall Chipset drivers
  4. Reinstall graphics drivers (w/ factory reset option)
  5. Turn WIFI back on
Note: All these steps were for my AMD system and I am unsure if it will work for intel systems

These are the steps that allowed me to fix this issue. Steps 3 and 4 were done in that order because, I initially only reinstalled graphics drivers but my issue was still present. I don't know why it works in that order, but I'm happy that my issue is finally fixed. Hope this helps anyone else that might experience this issue.

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Works the same way for Intel. Unfortunately this isn't a sure fire fix for the VGA 'White light of Death' for everyone, but does work for many. For some it gets fixed by temporarily moving the gpu to a lower pcie slot and allowing it to get recognised at x2/x4 or x8 speeds instead of the full x16. For some it's reseating the ram temporarily in A2 alone, for some its unplugging the monitor cable and plugging it back in while the pc is powered, for some it's unplugging anything and everything usb.

For everyone it's just one more thing on a more complicated motherboard that seems to go wonky that previously didn't exist.

TRENDING THREADS