VGA Slot won't give a signal

Jan 4, 2019
Hello everybody!

I have a small problem. I have a Geforce GTX 1050 as a graphics Card and a AMD 6100 Six core processor. I went to buy a Oculus Rift. Everything worked so far, until i started changing the HDMI cables. My PC only has 1 HDMI Slot, so i went and bought a VGA -> HDMI adapter. The problem is, that i can't get a Signal from the VGA slot. I tried a VGA cable with another monitor, but it said, my pc was in Sleep mode. I haven't really found any helpful Information on this and i hope you can help me. I really Need this second HDMI slot.

Felix

Solution
GTX 1050 ti doesn't have VGA connector. So you must be talking about VGA connector on motherboard.
That one is not going to work, because your cpu FX-6100 doesn't have integrated graphics.
Jan 4, 2019
Graphics Card: Geforce GTX 1050
1977 MB RAM
7 Gbps
1455 MHz

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor
(6 CPUs), ~3.3 GHz(Max. 3.9 GHz)
L1-Cache: 288 KB
L2-Cache: 6MB
L3-Cache: 8MB

Is that what you need?

DSzymborski

Titan

*Exact* GPU. That means the brand and model, not just GTX 1050. And the exact motherboard.

Can't write a prescription without knowing all the symptoms and making a diagnosis.

DSzymborski

Titan

You can use software like speccy. Or look at the motherboard for identifying information. Or look where you purchased for information as to the specs.

This is important information. A few AM3+ motherboards have an integrated graphics solution. Most do not. I'm not going to venture a guess, other than the vaguest "stuff has to be plugged into the GPU" without knowing these details.

Without information, there's not much anyone can say other than the advice SkyNet has given you.

Also, note that your GPU is a bit below the minimum required specs for an Oculus Rift, which will have a cost to your experience.

Jan 4, 2019
So, i'll then buy a Adapter from DVI-D to HDMI. It's quite cheap and it should work. I've tested my specs first too. It at least got the minimum requirements. Thank you all.