VGA to DVI to HDMI Possible?

Mar 1, 2018
I've got a secondary monitor that is really old 4:3 17 inch, its only got a VGA port and my laptop only has an HDMI.
Now I know there exists VGA <> HDMI converters but those are usually very very expensive.
I want to use the second monitor primary for coding so I don't care about the output quality. I just need the cheapest solution possible. (as any uni student ever)

So, would a simple VGA to DVI to HDMI combo work? I've already have a DVI to HDMI converter to it would be a lot cheaper if it did.

Solution
Just shop around, there's no way you wont be able to find a less expensive one. you are going from a digital output on the laptop to an analog input on the monitor. The signal needs to be converted. What you asked about doesn't exist and there's no need for it.

you are specifically looking for "HDMI to VGA adapter" that looks similar to the one in the link i sent you.

Correction,
He needs a HDMI to VGA adapter, not the reverse.
Laptop is HDMI, screen is VGA.
Digital to Analog.

Just shop around, there's no way you wont be able to find a less expensive one. you are going from a digital output on the laptop to an analog input on the monitor. The signal needs to be converted. What you asked about doesn't exist and there's no need for it.

you are specifically looking for "HDMI to VGA adapter" that looks similar to the one in the link i sent you.

Solution