Question VGA/USB Ports rejection by motherboard?

Apr 26, 2019
The problem is my VGA Cable / USB KB & Mouse aren't activating or lighting up when the pc turns on. Monitor says vga input has nothing detected. Ive tested the cable and the usb kb and mouse on other things and they work fine. The usb ports still have power running in them because stuff still charges while using the ports.

Notes:
  • Power supply fan runs fine
  • Graphics card fan runs fine
  • System fans and their led lights run fine
  • VGA cable works fine on other things
  • Keyboard and mouse work fine on other things
  • First time this has ever happened and it happened spontaneously
  • Monitor is black and says there is no input for the vga cable
  • Keyboard and mouse dont light up and dont activate the monitor for me to enter the computer. I just have a running computer with no controls or visual.
  • USB port still have power in them? I plugged in wireless headset charger and it charges, same with a wireless speaker charging with its usb cable.

Things Ive Done:
  • CMOS battery removed and put back
  • Reseated Ram sticks
  • Pretty much taken out every thing inside the pc, cleaned them, and built it back.
  • Didn't get to the processor and its fan but hit it with compressed air.
  • Took out power supply, graphics card, hard drive, ram, and disk reader
  • Tried to get into BIOS with the hitting esc repeatedly when the pc powers on but had no luck

- Cried myself to sleep

The computer is around 6 years old I think.

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX 750 Ti
Processor: (Boxes and some info got lost while moving but it something along the lines of AMD Black 8 Core Processor) or 4 core I have no idea
Ram: DDR3 8GB x 2
Power Supply: Corsair CX750
HD: 2TB

Sorry that it all sound repetitive and out of place Ive never really done this before. My knowledge about computers is pretty basic haha sorry. The motherboards receptors( the blue and silvers kind of cylinders seem to be fine, someone mentioned to take a look at them and see if they look burn or if they are kind of bulging instead of being flat but I haven't noticed anything like that yet. Chatted up some geek squad guys and they think it could the the motherboard failing and hitting its final days maybe. Any help or insight is very much appreciated. Is there anything I could do or am I going to have to start looking forward into upgrading or replacing parts?

Scott Wayne

Honorable
Mar 11, 2015
that was my older gaming rig. the board and cpu is very durable did you ty another monitor or hook that monitor to a hdmi port to see if it works/ or is it an old monitor?its going to be either the monitor or psu if u need a psu every ones talking about this one saying its a real good psu

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...-Units/cxm-series-2015-config/p/CP-9020102-NA
if u need a monitor i use an aoc brand had it for a year still works its pretty big and i paid 100 bucks for it on sale im not going to suggest it because these guys here may have a better repupatble monitor any way i hope my info helps u out

Apr 26, 2019
that was my older gaming rig. the board and cpu is very durable did you ty another monitor or hook that monitor to a hdmi port to see if it works/ or is it an old monitor?its going to be either the monitor or psu if u need a psu every ones talking about this one saying its a real good psu

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...-Units/cxm-series-2015-config/p/CP-9020102-NA
if u need a monitor i use an aoc brand had it for a year still works its pretty big and i paid 100 bucks for it on sale im not going to suggest it because these guys here may have a better repupatble monitor any way i hope my info helps u out
Thats what I was thinking too, it was very sudden for them to have just died without showing any problems. I use the monitor on my ps4 with an hdmi adapter all the time so I know thats not it. I changed the power supply but still the same. Thanks for the suggestion though

Apr 26, 2019
Older MB....

You may not have poly fuses protecting the USB ports; or, if you do, they may just have given up the ghost.

If they are not polys, you may have a blown fuse link.
I completely forgot about this but a vacuum plugged into an outlet on the opposite side of the wall turned it off and everything connected to the outlet, including the ceiling fan light. That was sometime late last year. Maybe thats what got its last days ticking.