[SOLVED] VGA was working fine, now its not detected

Uhidkthisiguess

Prominent
Sep 24, 2019
I just built a pc yesterday and when starting it up I was able to enter bios just fine. At one point bios suddenly closed and my graphics card was no longer detected by the system and sends no displays to the monitor. The lights are still displaying from the gpu though. I've heard that i may have to update the drives but when I plug in the hdmi into the motherboard itself nothing displays either, so im not sure how to figure out if the drivers are the issue. I've tried reseating the gpu to no avail

Mobo: msi mpg x570 gaming edge wifi
Gpu: msi gaming geforce rtx 2060
Will provide other specs if necessary

Uhidkthisiguess

Prominent
Sep 24, 2019
Unless the CPU has integrated graphics, it wont produce an image if you plug the hdmi into the motherboard. What cpu do you have?
My cpu is a ryzen 3600, definitely no onboard graphics on it. Is it supposed to be impossible to install drivers without onboard graphics or is something wrong with my gpu and its not actually the drivers?

I just built a pc yesterday and when starting it up I was able to enter bios just fine. At one point bios suddenly closed and my graphics card was no longer detected by the system and sends no displays to the monitor. The lights are still displaying from the gpu though. I've heard that i may have to update the drives but when I plug in the hdmi into the motherboard itself nothing displays either, so im not sure how to figure out if the drivers are the issue. I've tried reseating the gpu to no avail

Mobo: msi mpg x570 gaming edge wifi
Gpu: msi gaming geforce rtx 2060
Will provide other specs if necessary
Post the rest of your system specs including the PSU model. Are you using a molex or sata PCIE power adapter to run the GPU instead of the proper PCIE cable from the PSU?

Uhidkthisiguess

Prominent
Sep 24, 2019
Check that the PCIE cable is fully plugged into the GPU. You could also try a different PCIE slot. If you have access to another system, try the GPU in that.
I've both made sure the pcie cable is fully plugged in and I've tried a different pcie slot. I dont have easy access to another pc but if this isn't resolved by the time I have access to one I will try that