VgaSafe

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hello,

Does anybody know how to change the video driver from VgaSafe to a standard
vga driver in Win2k Pro?

Thanks,
Greg

Install the correct adapter driver for the card thats in the PC.

Greg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anybody know how to change the video driver from VgaSafe to a standard
> vga driver in Win2k Pro?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

That's the thing, I can't. I cannot disable it, I cannot removed because if I
do, the PC will not boot.

Thanks

"Bob I" wrote:

> Install the correct adapter driver for the card thats in the PC.
>
> Greg wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anybody know how to change the video driver from VgaSafe to a standard
> > vga driver in Win2k Pro?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Greg

Huh? The correct driver is the software specifically for the adapter to
make it work as designed. Since you have not provided the CORRECT
drivers, the vgasave is used. If you remove vgasave and DON'T have the
correct driver OF COURSE it's going to go poof, because it doesn't have
ANY driver at all. The correct driver came with the card, or is avalable
at the card manufacturers web site or if the "adapter" is part of the
motherboard, it's on the cd that camer with the motherboard, or at the
motherboard manufacturers website, or if a laptop, at the laptop MFG
website.