VGAsave/Video Driver download issues

sapratz

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Hello,

I am having issues with my video controller. My video driver had issues and Dell product support made VGAsave my default instead of actually fixing the problem. I have a dell obviously, and I have no driver that is working except for VGAsave, which has minimum capabilities. When I run the "right click 'mycomputer' under the startmenu deal" I have just question marks in my video controller driver section. however, it's definately made for VGA drivers.

I simply cannot find the right driver to fix the issue, and if i did, i wouldn't even know how to set the new driver to default. please do not tell me to go to dell.com and search drivers becasuse they only have 2 for my model, one of which doesn't work, and the other which it states my computer doesn't have enough capability for.

It sounds like you have on-board graphics, and not a discrete graphics card. What info can you provide on your system? Dell Model ______, any other info, e.g., ATI 1300 graphics, two sticks of 256 MBs of RAM. You could check the order form or the system description you got with the machine.

davidgrimes003

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010

ok i am haveing the same problem but i have a IBM t43 thinkpad and have downloaded and installed every driver i can find i even downloaded 3 differand display adaptors and cant figure out how to fix this problem i cant run anygames that need a 3d accelorator and have been trying to fix this roblem for 3 months now if there is any info you can give me on how to fix this or if anyone that reads this knows how tofix it please send me an email at davidgrimes003@yahoo.com thank you