bobit

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2005
Hello! I have a Vaio (VGN-FE11H) and I have a problem. A big one made from smaller ones.
Let’s start with the beginning. I have deleted all the partitions; I have recreated 3 new ones and installed the OS. Before that I saved the Drivers folder.
Now, the problem is that I can not install all of the missing drivers. In the Drivers folder not all of them have a setup routine, so some of the must be installed manually. The question that I encounter is how I do that, because not all of them ‘want’ to be installed.
Please help me because this is a awful situation. Not even the sound card is working.
Thanks.
PS I also downloaded the drivers from Sony’s website, but they are the same. Can anyone give me the detailed specs so I can search for the drivers? Or maybe I am not the only one in this situation? Maybe some of you were put in a similar position and defeated it.

bobit

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2005
I've managed to install a few other drivers, but the audio and modem ones still give me headaches. Any ideeas, because they have executable installers, but generate error (in case of the audio driver - Sigmatel, 'Device object not present, please restart and try again') or nothing (in case of the modem - Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP by Rockwell/Conexant).
Any ideeas!

bobit

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2005
Have you tried running the reinstall disks that came with the computer?
Windows should have found basic drivers for most of the components.

I have no cds.
1. The audio driver is from SigmaTel. I tried the SETUP.EXE, but I receive ‘Device Object not present, restart the system and try again’. After many restarts still nothing. I also tried to install it manually through ‘Add new hardware’ and now is present in Device manager, but still no sound or audio device present in Sounds from Control Panel.
2. The modem driver (‘Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP’ from Conexant I think) is even worse. When I execute HXFSETUP.EXE I get a big nothing. Nothing changes. When tried manually, it shows no driver to choose from in the Modem tab from Add new hardware.
Please help me because I find this situation extremely strange!

Problem solved! With a patch from MS instaled before the drivers.
KB888111