[SOLVED] VHS output problem, please help me

Apr 23, 2021
Hi guys!
I have a VHS Player Phillips VR488/55 and some cassetes . Yesterday I bought a LogiLink USB 2.0 Video Grabber VG0001A. I installed OBS Studio and then I connected The Video Grabber to The VHS player and then I plugged it into the computer. I added 2 sources: The Microphone and The Video in OBS app. The microphone worked perfectly I could hear the noises , but the video did not work at all, it did not show up anything. Please help me make the video work, I really need it for my grandpa birthday. I tried every method: I uninstall and install 4 different video capture softwares, I remove and add the stick from computer ,I restarted the PC. I really can not find the mistake.
Can you help me?

Solution
It should only be gray if you use a different software than the one it came with or if the grabber is broken.
Not all software is compatible with all tuners, you have to use a software that supports your grabber.
Did you connect the VHS OUTPUT to the usb grabber?! Sometimes you also have to switch the VHS player to the correct output if it has more than one.
Do you have anything else that outputs a scart/av signal?! An old Playstation or something? It's not unreasonable that the VHS just can't play video anymore.
Also play with any ntsc/pal the video player and the grabber have they have to match to get a (good) picture.
Does the VHS display anything on a TV?

Apr 23, 2021
Did you connect the VHS OUTPUT to the usb grabber?! Sometimes you also have to switch the VHS player to the correct output if it has more than one.
Do you have anything else that outputs a scart/av signal?! An old Playstation or something? It's not unreasonable that the VHS just can't play video anymore.
Also play with any ntsc/pal the video player and the grabber have they have to match to get a (good) picture.
Does the VHS display anything on a TV?
Hi! Thanks for the response. I plugged the VCR into TV and the video is displayed perfectly, but on my computer does not show. What should I do?

Apr 23, 2021
Hi, thanks. I opened the software app and entered into settings and I can t change anything . It is blocked on composite and I can t change to S Video.
What should I try next?

Apr 23, 2021
It should only be gray if you use a different software than the one it came with or if the grabber is broken.
Not all software is compatible with all tuners, you have to use a software that supports your grabber.
Hi! Thanks for the response. From what I read on the Grabber reviews, people Say that the grabber software does not work and it is unusable. Some that they tried OBS and it worked . The video grabber is: LogiLink VG0001A