vhs to digital: camera vs canopus

I have to capture a lot of old vhs. I can pass it through my Sony TRV 27
camera. Would there be any advantage, either in quality or convenience, of
getting the Canopus ADVC-100 to do this? thanks

"MNP" wrote ...
>I have to capture a lot of old vhs. I can pass it through my
> Sony TRV 27 camera. Would there be any advantage, either
> in quality or convenience, of getting the Canopus ADVC-100
> to do this? thanks

If your TRV27 produces acceptable results, why buy anything else?
You can compare the original playback to your captured copy and
see if you are losing too much or not.

Mac

I do this all the time with my TRV-20...never been able to see any quality
issue. One advantage to a card is convenience so you don't have to grab the
camera and set it all up. With a card you just connect the VHS.

"MNP" <mnpress@mindspring.com> wrote in message
>I have to capture a lot of old vhs. I can pass it through my Sony TRV 27
> camera. Would there be any advantage, either in quality or convenience,
> of
> getting the Canopus ADVC-100 to do this? thanks

>>camera. Would there be any advantage, either in quality or convenience,
>>of
>>getting the Canopus ADVC-100 to do this? thanks

Same thing - both are analog to digital converters.
Only bonus of the ADVC-100 in converting is that you can use your
camcorder for something else while the VHS to camcorder to PC setup is
doing another.
Wouldn't bother at all with the ADVC-100 for this purpose if you
already have the camcorder.

thanks all...saved me some money