Question VIA High Definition Audi not working after installing drivers

Brakakevi

Commendable
Jul 11, 2019
Hello,
So the story goes like this: I was wondering why my PC was putting out too much heat lately and noticed that my GPU was really hot. So after changing some settings nothing was working.
So I decided to reinstall the drivers. And to make sure it was a clean install I used DDU.
While the drivers where being uninstalled I was removing some tabs from the slots where the GPU goes so maybe some more air could run through the case(it's a really old crappy one but it gets the job done). While pulling one of the tabs (which are attached from a small piece of the metal, basically you can't put it back once it's out), the PC suddenly shut down completely. I restart it back up and noticed that the AUDIO(Via HD Audio) was not recognized. I tried installing EVERY DRIVER I COULD POSSIBLY FIND but basically all of them got recognized but no audio was coming out of the speakers, only occasional buzzing sounds. After some time somehow the whole OS just stopped working, so I even reinstalled Windows completely (clean install).
Even after that still no drivers could work. Which makes me think that it's a physical problem on the onboard chip itself.
If anyone has a clue as to what is happening I would appreciate it.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Xeon E5450
GPU: AMD Radeon RX570 4GB
RAM: 4x2
Mobo: ASRock G41M-VS3

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Please include the age of the PSU as well. Wat BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? As for your OS, what are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS.

While the drivers where being uninstalled I was removing some tabs from the slots where the GPU goes so maybe some more air could run through the case(it's a really old crappy one but it gets the job done). While pulling one of the tabs (which are attached from a small piece of the metal, basically you can't put it back once it's out), the PC suddenly shut down completely. I restart it back up and noticed that the AUDIO(Via HD Audio) was not recognized.
^
Seems like you shorted the board with the break away tabs making contact with your motherboard's capacitors and probably, you fired the audio chip or part of the circuitry alongside it. There's a reason you're advised to shut down your system and then remove components. In the above instance, you're advised to break anything off without the motherboard in the case.

Brakakevi

Commendable
Jul 11, 2019
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU. Please include the age of the PSU as well. Wat BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard? As for your OS, what are you working with? If you're on Windows 10, please mention the version(not edition) of the OS.

While the drivers where being uninstalled I was removing some tabs from the slots where the GPU goes so maybe some more air could run through the case(it's a really old crappy one but it gets the job done). While pulling one of the tabs (which are attached from a small piece of the metal, basically you can't put it back once it's out), the PC suddenly shut down completely. I restart it back up and noticed that the AUDIO(Via HD Audio) was not recognized.
^
Seems like you shorted the board with the break away tabs making contact with your motherboard's capacitors and probably, you fired the audio chip or part of the circuitry alongside it. There's a reason you're advised to shut down your system and then remove components. In the above instance, you're advised to break anything off without the motherboard in the case.
Windows 10 version 10.0.19042 build 19042
The PSU is a generic 650w one. It came with the case, I bought them both for ~10$.
I know it's ghetto as heck but I don't game anymore; just use it for schoolwork and music