VIA KT333 Chipset: Use 4 in 1 Drivers on XP?

joe_g_patton

Distinguished
May 24, 2002
Hi,

I'm running Windows XP on an Athlon XP/VIA KT333 system. Are the 4 in 1 drivers good only for Win9X/ME operating systems, or will they help performance under XP also? Should I install the latest 4 in 1 drivers if I am running XP?

campreal

Distinguished
May 22, 2002
The 4-in-1 driver also support XP,you'd better install it if you want your pc to be reliable.

I want HAMMER but I can only afford celeron
Depression

G

I'm curious about this myself. Is there any advantage in installing the 4-in-1 drivers if XP correctly auto-detected all the components on your mobo?

jlanka, doesn't seem to think so, but I'd like to know why. Please reply with more information, if you don't mind. Thanks.

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
XP comes with MS certified 4in1 drivers and it is best, at this time, to stay with the ones that XP installs.
Most problems in XP comes after upgrade to the newer 4 in 1. Granted some don't have trouble with the newer
drivers but most do and have a heck up a time trying to figure out why they are unstable. If your system is stable,
don't upgrade.

<font color=green><b>Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened! :eek: