Via Labs Intros Next-Gen USB 3.0 to NAND Flash Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]chicofehr[/nom]I wouldn't mind a thumb drive that has SSD speeds. There are some but they aren't what I call a thumb drive considering their size.[/citation]Well, they did start out quite pricey, but the point of the above is they will be cheap like most USB2 flash drives. Already that's approaching reality anyway. Besides, trust me, copying a large file or folder to one of these USB3 devices is BLISS compared to ye olde thumbe.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Pick up a patriot magnum. I love my 64GB usb3.0. It's flat, though I'm not sure about a 128GB but it's a bit pricy anyway. Wider than normal but flat I think because of it. Allows you to fit it in between where you usually can't with most usb flash drives. This is about as thin as you can get I think in this size. Looking closer, it's a little bigger than the slot, but you could easily put two together in two slots on top of each other (I think...LOL).

VERY fast also. I'd say top 2 or 3 performance depending on data as long as you have usb 3.0 for ports too.

Status
Not open for further replies.