VIA Launches Tiny ARTiGO A1150 DIY PC Building Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
First, whatever price it happens to be, this machine is unusable as sold as are all barebones kits.

You need to buy RAM, and either a 2.5" SATA hard drive or SSD or the SD card module to get this thing working.

But if it's less than 150 consider it sold, because I could use a mini-machine or three.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
This item is priced at $265.00 and will be available the middle of December.

It comes with no memory, and no hard disk (and not surprisingly, no operating system). If you want wireless, that's extra.

It's kind of expensive for what it is, but, it's also very cool, so might be worth it.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Interesting...small and looks cute lol. But can it play cry-- just kidding, just kidding! :p

Could be a good HTPC solution. I wonder when it's launched here...

[citation][nom]loomis86[/nom]nice computer...but someone needs to tell the kiddie chassis is pronounced "chassie".[/citation]
You don't understand the difference between spelling and pronunciation, do you?

sinfulpotato

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
[citation][nom]ivyanev[/nom]If cheap enough nobody will change their regular tv-s for "smart tv".Well a remote will be appreciated[/citation]

I hate the idea of smart TVs, the fact I can not control the hardware really bugs me.

DawnTreader

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
that was not 3 usb on front. there are 2 and the 3rd looks like an eSATA or something, it is more square than rectangular.

Make it $99 and i will buy a couple for my parents.

td854

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
[citation][nom]DawnTreader[/nom]that was not 3 usb on front. there are 2 and the 3rd looks like an eSATA or something, it is more square than rectangular.[/citation]

The third is an USB Mini-B port. Have you ever actually seen an eSATA port?

can it play cry... wait it has no memory, no on and no hdd and it costs over $200-230...? it definitely can not play the-one-that-is-frequently-named-in-these-comments.
Hard drive, compact flash module, solid state drive, SD card, wireless module, antenna, system memory and operating system must be purchased separately.
it's not so much as a diy pc as it is a buy most of the stuff and realize that you could have built a better one pc. imo via was smart to not include an hdd, price would have gone up much higher.
however it does look something like system builders can play with. :)

diellur

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
Could be a good enterprise solution if business move more to cloud/server based applications. Bolt it onto the back of a screen and you clear up a lot of desk real-estate.

G

I have its predecessor the A1100. Too noisy, like a hairdryer constantly whining. If this is quiet ie the fan spins slower then i'm sold.

G

Fit-PC have made this size computer, with faster CPU for years!
And those cost less than $300.

Status
Not open for further replies.