VIA Vinyl HD quadraphonic doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan House

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015
I have an ASUS P5KPL-AM EPU The windows 10 app said everything was compatible. yet installing windows 10 took over 25 tries. it kept going back to windows 7. when it finally worked I have alot of Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems fail to install. anyway the problem I'd like help with is getting my surround speakers to work. I have tried installing different audio drives which usually cause a BSOD. Then I need to reboot twice until windows gives me the option to boot into safe mode. then I uninstall the audio driver and reboot again windows detects that there is no driver and installs one. some of the drivers I've tried only support stereo. others which allow me to select quadraphonic. but then when I do a test. I hear the two front speakers make sound but the two rear speakers make no sound. My motherboards built in audio name is

VT1708 High Definition Audio 6-Channel CODEC

I have tried the Microsoft support forums but I haven't received any replies. Toms Hardware was one of my first favorite sites to visit when wanting to learn about PC hardware.

Ryan House

Reputable
Apr 13, 2015
Well I thought it would work since the test made my rear speakers work but I just tried iTunes out and only my front two speakers are working

edit. I just had go to sound right click on speakers go to properties then enhancements and then enable speaker fill. in the past enabling speaker fill took far less steps. under windows 7 VIA had its own control panel which isn't compatible with windows 10 it was called vdeck.

actually Vdeck works I just tried it Your Amazing Slashgeek!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.