VIA4in1 killing d3d?

DarkPhire

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2001
Has anyone here had trouble with the latest via 4in1 drivers killing your Direct3d?

I really am frustrated, i dont have a clue how to fix this, I finaly get Glide working in 2k on my voodoo banshee( a feat in and of itself, as its proly the only 3dfx card with no win2k support)

so everythings working great, and i think, WIAT!! i havent installed the latest via 4in1.. well being the optomization freak i am i go and get 4.32 i think? whateve rthe latest is, and now direct 3d has STOPPED working, I reinstalled everything, (w2k sp2, dx8, via 4in1, vid card, vid card drivers) nothing has worked..

SO i either need to know how to UNINSTALL the via 4in1, or get d3d working again.

For those of you who want to know, i have an ASUS a7v, T-bird 750, voodoo banshee graph card, an well, the vbanshee is agp. I cant think of anything else pertinent please help!!

thanks you :)
--DarkPHire

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
VIA eh? Nothing about VIA surprizes me. One of these days they'll produce a perfect chipset with perfect drivers, and I won't buy it because they don't deserve my business.

Video killed my Radio Card!

DarkPhire

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2001
ya, but im still kinda lost as to what i should do, right now im thinking im gonna try some via 4in1 drivers 4.28, an older version. I dont have a D*mn clue why via 4in1 drivers would stop my direct3d from working.. what the heck...

and i havent had trouble with the VIA drivers ever before.

--DarkPhire

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well, I'd like to help, but this is one issue I've never came across before. There are about 40 possible things that can go wrong with a VIA chipset mobo. When the guy at the shop can't figure it out he sends them to me.

Video killed my Radio Card!