Vice City saved games

My install of Vice City got messed up and I was going to re-install it.
However, I'd like to not have to start over from the beginning again.
Can someone tell me where the game puts the saved game files? Or if I
just re-install it over the top of itself will it wipe out the saved
games that are already there? Any help will be appreciated.

Some guy you don't want to know wrote:
> My install of Vice City got messed up and I was going to re-install it.
> However, I'd like to not have to start over from the beginning again.
> Can someone tell me where the game puts the saved game files? Or if I
> just re-install it over the top of itself will it wipe out the saved
> games that are already there? Any help will be appreciated.

On the PC they normally live in a directory within My Documents (or
there abouts).

kirk

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2002

"Some guy you don't want to know" <lmarc11@qwest.net> wrote in message
> My install of Vice City got messed up and I was going to re-install it.
> However, I'd like to not have to start over from the beginning again. Can
> someone tell me where the game puts the saved game files? Or if I just
> re-install it over the top of itself will it wipe out the saved games that
> are already there? Any help will be appreciated.

Your saved games should be ok. They are saved in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<your login name>\My Documents\GTA Vice City User
Files

There is also a configuration file, gta_vc.set, saved there as well. This
file may need to be deleted if you are having problems after the re-install.
It will be created again when you run VC.

kirk wrote:

> "Some guy you don't want to know" <lmarc11@qwest.net> wrote in message
>
>>My install of Vice City got messed up and I was going to re-install it.
>>However, I'd like to not have to start over from the beginning again. Can
>>someone tell me where the game puts the saved game files? Or if I just
>>re-install it over the top of itself will it wipe out the saved games that
>>are already there? Any help will be appreciated.
>

> Your saved games should be ok. They are saved in:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\<your login name>\My Documents\GTA Vice City User
> Files
>

> There is also a configuration file, gta_vc.set, saved there as well. This
> file may need to be deleted if you are having problems after the re-install.
> It will be created again when you run VC.

Thank you so much guys. Hell, it's 2:43am and I posted that only a half
hour ago. I didn't expect an answer so quick. I guess it DOES pay to
be up half the night.

Thanks again.