Question Victus 16 Graphic Card Failing

Nov 4, 2022
My laptop:
HP Victus 16-e0xxx
Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Build 19044AMD
Ryzen 5 5600H
RTX 3060 & AMD Radeon Graphics
For months, every time Windows did an update, it break the Graphic Card.
The screen refused to turn on or flickering for minutes or even hours. It only works after several attempts of force restart.
I managed to fix it with system restore for a while now.
But since August, windows has forced updating every times i started up my laptop, and today they've done it.
No system restore created, and it even deleted manual restore point I made.

So, does anyone know what's the problem and how to fix it?
Much appreciated

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Using your laptops SKU on HP's support site, check and see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending. Is the OS the same installation that came out of the box? Use DDU to uninstall all GPU drivers from your platform, then disconnect from the www, manually install the latest Nvidia GPU drivers(sourced from Nvidia support, prior) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if that helps you out.

Nov 4, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Using your laptops SKU on HP's support site, check and see if your laptop has any BIOS updates pending. Is the OS the same installation that came out of the box? Use DDU to uninstall all GPU drivers from your platform, then disconnect from the www, manually install the latest Nvidia GPU drivers(sourced from Nvidia support, prior) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

See if that helps you out.
The problem is the amd card i think.
It stopped flickering when I disabled it, but the rtx doesn't seem to work. It was listed without problem in device manager, but when checking with dxdiag it only listed intel graphic

TRENDING THREADS