VIDEO: Aliens: Colonial Marines Action Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomc100

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
This game is supposed to be one of the showcase games on the Wii U. They're using the tablet controller as the motion detector in the game.

I think AvP still isn't up to an Alien shooter yet, like the old one with the marine campaign. And I still have nightmares with the "Aliens" movie... Yeah, it's been 10 years since I saw it and still have nightmares with xenomorphs xD

Anyway, hope this game delivers true terror. I really want to scream at a point and sweat a lot xD

Cheers!

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
I LIKE IT!!

This game reminds be a bit like L4D2 - in which teamwork with others (NPCs and maybe other humans) makes or breaks a mission. The game looks good.

I wonder and HOPE James Cameron gets credit for the LOOK of this game, its *IS* based of his vision from Aliens. The look, the weapons, the attitude.

f-14

Distinguished
The game is slated for a "Spring 2012" release for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Windows PC
in other words crap only console gamers would buy. the whole video looked like complete shots of just the cinematic scenes.
if it looked like the cinematics and played like halo/doom it could be alrite, i guess, but there wasn't much player gameplay included in this video.

G

probably not the best FPS coming out in the near future, but it does capture Cameron's Aliens experience pretty well so it might still be a fun even on mid/low range PCs. Although I'll wait until it's $25 on steam.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]in other words crap only console gamers would buy. the whole video looked like complete shots of just the cinematic scenes.if it looked like the cinematics and played like halo/doom it could be alrite, i guess, but there wasn't much player gameplay included in this video.[/citation]
+1
Looks like a linear shooter with too many cinematics. It will probably have horrible controls like the AvP craptacular console port....thanks consoles for ruining another franchise.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I don't get the story. So, the planet is infested and a team is sent to stop it and is assumed to be all dead. Then they send a battalion armed with nuclear devices obviously meant to be used. It seems that somehow for some reason that would not be logical to link to the aliens one of the ships gets massively damaged and crashes into what clearly no one would survive but somehow people do. There are clearly still ships in space from the communication of "is anyone else DOWN there with you"

So I assume the player is one of the unfortunate to crash down because of a reason that likely will never be explained or satisfying. Why not just send down drop-ships (they would no doubt have to have such being so advanced) set up a LZ and pick up as much as they can, and then just nuke the planet from space? We have the tech today to nuke from space so this wouldn't be a problem. Ignoring the fact of the seemingly impossible to survive crash there doesn't seem to be any logical reason why one would have to remain on the planet for any length of time. Land, rescue, nuke.
They have communications, advanced technology, what would it take 10 minutes? If that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts