VIDEO: Alleged iPad 3 Components Shown Off on Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Ooooooo....It looks exactly like the iPad and iPad 2, but with a camera and vented areas for the speakers. Can't wait to get my hands on this revolutionary device *rolls eyes*

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
[citation][nom]rabidface[/nom]Ooooooo....It looks exactly like the iPad and iPad 2, but with a camera and vented areas for the speakers. Can't wait to get my hands on this revolutionary device *rolls eyes*[/citation]

I am sure that the hardware is were the big change comes.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]rabidface[/nom]Ooooooo....It looks exactly like the iPad and iPad 2, but with a camera and vented areas for the speakers. Can't wait to get my hands on this revolutionary device *rolls eyes*[/citation]

Ooooooo this Porsche 911 looks like last years . . . expect with . . .

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
the look doesn't matter, the ipad has a functional design and there is not much you can do with it and there is not much that it needs to be done either.

What is important is the specs, is there 1+GB RAM this time around

is it a faster dual core or quad core (keep in mind that 2 fast cores are slower when it comes to application performance than a 4 slower cores that overall add up to faster performance (but that only happens with a application is fully threaded (which is rare)

If they can make the CPU faster, and also add more RAM 1GB is ok but 2GB will be great.

It also needs a better camera, given the size of the tablet, a larger lens and sensor can be added (larger than what the video shows)

And most of all, the biggest improvement will not be from the screen as the content will be scaled, the largest improvement will be faster flash memory (if they decide to add it)

having around 20MB/s for a tablet is not good enough, if they can get it to around 100MB/s then you will see things like ipads booting in 5 seconds or less especially if there is a faster CPU

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]Classzero[/nom]Ooooooo this Porsche 911 looks like last years . . . expect with . . .[/citation]
Perfect analogy. It will be what's under the hood in the iPad3. But my comment was more of a sarcasm thing than anything else. While I don't despise Apple, I don't like them. But, no company is perfect. But for anyone that has actually used their products, owned or not, it's a very smooth experience. Their products do hold an important place in the tech world. What doesn't work for you, works perfect for someone else and vice versa.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Classzero[/nom]Ooooooo this Porsche 911 looks like last years . . . expect with . . .[/citation]
Some of the older Porsches actually cost quite a bit more.
And they do not "look like last years" in fact. At least that's not the impression I've got after visiting Porsche's museum in Stuttgart.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]rabidface[/nom]Perfect analogy. It will be what's under the hood in the iPad3.[/citation]
Like, cough, camera, cough, right? Oh wait, this is soo "every other tablet has it"...

Or wait, CPU will be X times fasta'! Now you'd be able to encode average blue-ray on your tablet in less then a week! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS