[SOLVED] Video and audio files stored on SD cards

Jan 12, 2020
Hi Tom's Hardware forum. Because there is a D+ pin and D- pin on SD cards so information is written to one pin and read out of the other. Does this mean the video and audio are joined or mixed together to be written to one of the D pins then both video and audio which are mixed are read out of the other D pin? The video and audio are separated and amplified so the video can be displayed on the monitor and the audio can be heard from the speakers?

Solution
There is no D+ and D- on an SD card. Thats USB1 & 2

SD cards have Data lines 0, 1, 2, & 3. 1,2, &3 are extended data lines and only work after setting the bus width.
Most often you see D0 as the output and D1 as the input when in SPI mode.
The Audio & Video of your file are generally all multiplexed within the file itself and the player is responsible for separating them.

popatim

Titan

SD cards have Data lines 0, 1, 2, & 3. 1,2, &3 are extended data lines and only work after setting the bus width.
The Audio & Video of your file are generally all multiplexed within the file itself and the player is responsible for separating them.

Solution
Jan 12, 2020

Hi Popatim and thanks heaps for the technical update. I am reading my Sd cards with USB 2.0 card reader. Can I use a USB 2.0 port to play back any video and audio files and record them on dvd recorder? The editing function on the dvd recorder is easy then the file is played back to the computer via a video and audio to digital converter. Thanks once again Popatim.

Jan 12, 2020
Hi Popatim and thanks heaps for the technical update. I am reading my Sd cards with USB 2.0 card reader. Can I use a USB 2.0 port to play back any video and audio files and record them on dvd recorder? The editing function on the dvd recorder is easy then the file is played back to the computer via a video and audio to digital converter. Thanks once again Popatim.
Almost forgot, so its called multiplexing, the video and audio written together going to an SD card. Good to know.