[SOLVED] Video and Audio Stuttering (Windows 10) - Haven't found a fix

Truthhh

Prominent
Jul 25, 2021
Hello, I have been experiencing video, audio, and mouse stuttering since 7/16/21 that makes games and videos unplayable. It started when I was playing FFXIV and got this error: Before that point everything was running smoothly, so I assumed that the issue was caused by the game. However, the problem persisted after uninstalling FFXIV, so I restarted my PC. That didn't work so I manually updated all of my drivers and then ran Driver Easy Pro to see if I had missed any drivers. After multiple restarts and booting in safe mode, the stuttering continued. My internet speed is very fast and the network is fine for the rest of the household, so it isn't an issue with that. I've defragged my hard drive, removed all unnecessary files and cache, and ran the troubleshooters numerous times to no avail. I removed the Windows 10 update that happened around the same time, and that didn't work either. I completely cleaned my pc of any dust because my fan was struggling a little, but it isn't too hot at all anymore and the stuttering still continues. I finally ended up resetting my PC (keeping my personal files) and the stuttering is nearly the same, though for some reason the audio stuttering isn't as bad as it was.
Here are my specs: I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers and I've been pulling my hair out over this, so any help would be very appreciated and I will do my best to answer any questions.

Last edited:
Solution
Hello, I have been experiencing video, audio, and mouse stuttering since 7/16/21 that makes games and videos unplayable. It started when I was playing FFXIV and got this error: Before that point everything was running smoothly, so I assumed that the issue was caused by the game. However, the problem persisted after uninstalling FFXIV, so I restarted my PC. That didn't work so I manually updated all of my drivers and then ran Driver Easy Pro to see if I had missed any drivers. After multiple restarts and booting in safe mode, the stuttering continued. My internet speed is very fast and the network is fine for the rest of the household, so it isn't an issue with that. I've defragged my hard drive, removed all...
Hello, I have been experiencing video, audio, and mouse stuttering since 7/16/21 that makes games and videos unplayable. It started when I was playing FFXIV and got this error: Before that point everything was running smoothly, so I assumed that the issue was caused by the game. However, the problem persisted after uninstalling FFXIV, so I restarted my PC. That didn't work so I manually updated all of my drivers and then ran Driver Easy Pro to see if I had missed any drivers. After multiple restarts and booting in safe mode, the stuttering continued. My internet speed is very fast and the network is fine for the rest of the household, so it isn't an issue with that. I've defragged my hard drive, removed all unnecessary files and cache, and ran the troubleshooters numerous times to no avail. I removed the Windows 10 update that happened around the same time, and that didn't work either. I completely cleaned my pc of any dust because my fan was struggling a little, but it isn't too hot at all anymore and the stuttering still continues. I finally ended up resetting my PC (keeping my personal files) and the stuttering is nearly the same, though for some reason the audio stuttering isn't as bad as it was.
Here are my specs: I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers and I've been pulling my hair out over this, so any help would be very appreciated and I will do my best to answer any questions.
Too little of slow RAM.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS