VIDEO: Apple Co-founder Woz Remembers Steve Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
There is no denying Steve Jobs was a true innovator, and a creative genius. He was a huge contributor to technology, and a consummate business man. What he did very few could accomplish. Love or hate him, Steve Jobs impacted the gadgets you have today.

Without being overly sentimental, he will always live on in the soul of technology.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Steve Woz is the secret man that only technology enthusiasts really know about it. Without Jobs, Apple wouldn't be as big or successful as it is now. Without Woz, there would be no Apple.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
I will not deny that Steve Jobs Was a highly driven business man, and thanks to really brilliant people like Woz he was able to move ahead. Too bad he eventually screwed his buddy and went to greener pastures.

FloKid

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I see news about Steve where they bash him for being mean to he's employees and others around him. This vid just shows how much people cared about him, despite some wrongs. No one is perfect and Jobs had a hard life, so I think it's wrong to remember him as a tyrant. The world just has to move on and learn from he's positive work. Long live the iPod : )

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]bison88[/nom]Steve Woz is the secret man that only technology enthusiasts really know about it. Without Jobs, Apple wouldn't be as big or successful as it is now. Without Woz, there would be no Apple.[/citation]
apparently they had a huge argument over steve losing his job at apple around 20 years back... and when he ca,e back, woz left or something or other

jj463rd

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
Some other videos are at Steve Wozniak's website too although this one was the most touching of them (seeing Woz shed tears at the end).
I watched these a few days ago including this one (I went there to see his reaction to the news). Thankfully we still have Steve Wozniak with us whom nearly all PC (Windows/Linux) users can respect and admire too.In a way I would prefer to have Steve Wozniak introduce Apple products rather than Tim Cook although I am a PC user.

Apple wouldn't have been formed without the business dealings of Steve Jobs (and Mark Markula's investment).It was Steve Jobs who really talked Wozniak into forming a corporation and going into business.Otherwise Wozniak would have just built his first microcomputer for himself and maybe for his friends.Wozniak might never have been fabulously successful and wealthy and so well famed.
They (Woz,Jobs and others) were a successful team highly dependent on each other.Take one out of the equation and Apple Computer would have never have happened.But it is true that without Woz and his creations (the Apple I and II) there would be no Apple.Woz might have ended up as a highly successful engineer for HP but Jobs might have ended up as a used car salesman instead.Wozniak and Jobs met through a mutual friend a individual named Bill Fernandez.At the time of the meeting Wozniak was 21 years of age and Jobs 16 years of age.Previously in the early 1960's (1964?) I think from what I've read before Steve Wozniak made a calculator out of transistors and it won at a local Science Fair.
Again they wouldn't have outstandingly succeeded without each other.
It's really an amazing story overall.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Apple should offer The Woz a job, now that Tim "Interesting" Cook is in charge and Steve Jobs has passed away I can only see Apple sinking into the same obscurity that happened the first time Steve left, The Woz would keep the public focussed on the company and its legacy a lot more than Tim "Dull As Dishwater" Cook ever would, he commands a lot more respect as well.

I agree Apple should put Woz back on as a creative consultant ... they owe him a salary for they would be nothing without him.

Woz is the sort of guy who can just go around and keep encouraging the engineers and software developers.

Apple needs a human face and Woz is the sort of guy who can help keep them human.

Thanks for the video Jane.

:)

ltdementhial

Aug 20, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Apple should offer The Woz a job, now that Tim "Interesting" Cook is in charge and Steve Jobs has passed away I can only see Apple sinking into the same obscurity that happened the first time Steve left, The Woz would keep the public focussed on the company and its legacy a lot more than Tim "Dull As Dishwater" Cook ever would, he commands a lot more respect as well.[/citation]

You said it all my friend...you said it all...

G

We'll all miss Steve Jobs. I agree that it would be cool to have Wozniak do presentations for apple rather like a steward for Steve Jobs, as I think he's gotten more experience and would perhaps enjoy that more nowadays than in years gone by. However, I feel he'll always be an engineer at heart and be more than happy tinkering with hardware. Last I heard, Wozniak still draws a salary from Apple, and has never left their payroll despite not being called upon to perform any duties. Probably as it should be, after all, as someone already said if it weren't for Wozniak there would have been no Apple to have a chance at success in the first place.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Aw this made me sad again. I honestly didn't know Steve Job's dead would make me so sad. I guess it's like what Michael Jackson's death meant to the music world, everyone who enjoyed 80's pop felt the tragedy of Jackson's death, except me. But I guess the people who are into technology and PC's like me will miss Steve Jobs even if they hated Apple products.

Status
Not open for further replies.