VIDEO: Apple Puts the Genius Bar on TV with New Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Went to each one and disliked it. Not surprisingly they don't allow comments, wouldn't want people to say how their "genius" bar is the complete opposite.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Let me see what I get from the commercial.
If you buy an Apple device you need the help of a Genius to use the thing ?
It is that difficult to use???
Wow, I better stick with my PC then :)

" The ads show an Apple Genius Bar worker heroically saving technologically-challenged individuals with computer problems."

Does this mean that Apple users are technologically challenged?
Yes. Yes, it does.

f1seb

Distinguished
May 27, 2008
Damn, even Apple knows how stupid their users are.......if I owned an Apple product Id take exception to this.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
the last video, oh man. that just proves that apple users can't even find their right product they want.
we need to purge the world from their gene pool.

syrious1

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]The more accurate name would be The Pretentious Dick Bar, but Apple is smart enough to not name it that.[/citation]

LOL this is .... genius.

ZakTheEvil

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
We've interviewed several former Geniuses for Mac support positions. Oh. My. God. I have users that are more savvy than these guys. The Pretentious Dick seems about right.

Oh and yeah, these ads are awful. Apple should be ashamed.

cbfelterbush

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
While all the posters here comment that these ads make Apple users look like retards, they fail to realize that most iSheep are retards.

However I was in a Mac store not long ago, just after the announcement of the New MacBook and the new PowerMac lines. I asked the Geniuses there about Apples choice to re-release the same PowerMac and say it was all new? Specifically I wanted to know why Apple chose to sell the Same machine with the same 4 year old GPU and advertise it as all NEW and, "Faster than the Fastest Anything."

There response didn't make me think they were real geniuses, but Fakes perhaps pretending. Reminded me a lot of the products they were peddling.

-CB

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
I don't get why they call it a "Genius Bar" anyhow. These people can operate a laptop/desktop/tablet. Great, it's not as if they have 40 years of conceptual thesis' in scientific journals, authored medical studies leading to cures for viruses/diseases, or developed multifaceted technologies leading to improvements in the modern world.

Call it what it is, a "Help Desk" or what lamorpa called it ;)

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
I was over the top with the 'Pretentious Dick' comment, most are truly helpful. I'm just getting getting back at them for the time people cut in front of me twice in a row and I interrupted him and asked if we were somehow supposed to be served in reverse order of showing up. The 'genius' gave me a dirty look and tried to scold me for interrupting what he felt was always supposed to be a calm, positive environment. What a dick.

Idonno

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
I never thought I'd say this but, I have to commend apple for finally producing an accurate commercial. Instead of the usual cool/not cool garbage they have finally shown their true marketing target, the technologically challenged.
I don't know how well this will play with their consumers, since they were always led to believe that they were not only cooler but also smarter for buying an overpriced product but at least for the very first time their commercials are somewhat accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.