Video Archive working files and footage

There are a lot of posts on the best format to archive DV video, but
my question is what is the best way to archive working files and
footage. I capture smaller segments of my DV, do compositing with 3d
stuff, use AE, etc. I usually keep several versions of files and end
up splitting source files up to index them more easily. Because of
this just archiving footage to DV tape will not work and is not my
only need, I need a good method to archive footage AND data files.
Can anyone who has this same need to archive 100 gb or more at a time
explain how they've done it successfully/economically?

Thanks

designtaco wrote:

> There are a lot of posts on the best format to archive DV video, but
> my question is what is the best way to archive working files and
> footage. I capture smaller segments of my DV, do compositing with 3d
> stuff, use AE, etc. I usually keep several versions of files and end
> up splitting source files up to index them more easily. Because of
> this just archiving footage to DV tape will not work and is not my
> only need, I need a good method to archive footage AND data files.
> Can anyone who has this same need to archive 100 gb or more at a time
> explain how they've done it successfully/economically?
>
> Thanks

Actually a difficult question. Personally, I use DLT tapes as back up
archiving. I have only a small DLT system, but they can be purchased in
much larger formats.

I've also thought about just simply archiving footage back to DV also..
In reality, DV archiving would be very cheap, and you don't loose all
that much.

-Richard