Question Video Breaking Up Slightly on Renders Every Few Seconds

braxus

Honorable
Jan 1, 2018
My video card is off for repair or replacement under warranty, due to being dead. So Im using the CPU/ motherboard HDMI out for the tv monitor. But since I put this new system together, Im getting a pulsing at times in the video render (not on the computer monitor itself, but in the finished video render), where the image slightly breaks up with noise in spots, then goes back to normal. It never did this on the old system. Im wondering if maybe my memory is causing issues while Premiere Pro is rendering the 8K video? The pulsing happens every few seconds on occassion, then it stops again. It usually happens a lot when Im showing still camera images on the video itself. My memory was sold with 2 sticks each and Im using 4 sticks total. So two different paks of memory, though both packs are exactly the same memory. I noticed that when I tried to set in the bios the XMP profile for the memory, the computer later won't boot and says boot failure. When I turn off the XMP again, its fine, though running at a lower rated speed. Is my video issue due to the memory or something else? Im not sure putting in my 3070 video card will help the matter? My memory I think is running at 4800 speed instead of 5200.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy gaming/rendering use?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Use both tools but only one tool at a time.

First observe while doing tasks etc. (if any) that do not cause the pulsing.

Then, leaving the Task Manager or Resource Monitor window open do some rendering and watch what happens.

Pay attention to what system resources are being used, to what extent ( % ), and what is using any given resource.

Resource Monitor would be a good starting point - the graphs may make the pulses stand out.

Process Explorer (Microsoft, free) may prove helpful as well.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/process-explorer

Also check Reliability History for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that you can associate with the pulsing. An error that appears, for example, only when the appliable software is being run.