[SOLVED] Video Capture Issue

Dec 8, 2021
Not sure if I'm in the right place please move it if need be. Whenever I video screen capture on PC while gaming (using a 1440p monitor) and try to transfer it to my phone it always appears like this while viewing on phone... Does anyone know what is causing this and is there anyway to fix it ? It happens anyway I try to transfer, whether I use onedrive, vlc wifi transfer or wetransfer. Plz help !

It kind of looks like the below link but the small square would be my game and the big square would be green

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/lWhA0N5

It looks perfectly fine on my PC, its only when I transfer and view it on my IPhone.

-MZ

Solution
looks like your image capture software is trying to capture a higher resolution than your screen.

but if they appear fine on your desktop it may be the other way around;
possibly your phone is having trouble reading certain types of images of a lower resolution than it's screen.

what format of images are you using and what are you using to capture the shot?

when sending these images back from the phone to your desktop do they still appear the same or just when viewing them on your phone?
whether I use onedrive, vlc wifi transfer or wetransfer.
you may just want to get a Bluetooth adapter for your system to make these file transfers much easier.
you can find a nice USB adapter for very cheap these days.
looks like your image capture software is trying to capture a higher resolution than your screen.

possibly your phone is having trouble reading certain types of images of a lower resolution than it's screen.

when sending these images back from the phone to your desktop do they still appear the same or just when viewing them on your phone?
whether I use onedrive, vlc wifi transfer or wetransfer.
you may just want to get a Bluetooth adapter for your system to make these file transfers much easier.

Solution
Dec 8, 2021

I am using the Xbox Game Bar to capture the videos, and its capturing at 1080/1920 , I currently play on a 1440p monitor.

It only happens when watching it on my phone, when I send the video back to PC the video is perfect again, I guess that means the issue is on the end of the phone...

I wonder if i get that device if i'll have that same issue,

Thanks for replying !

Dec 8, 2021
try a few different video players on the phone and see if the same issue arises.

also try some different capture software on the desktop and try a few different file formats(mpeg, avi, etc...)

Update ! I converted the video file from MP4 to MOV and the issue is gone. Weird issue, abit of a nag that I need to convert them every time but at least the issue is resolved lol

Thank you @JohnBonhamsGhost

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost