[SOLVED] Video Card and 32 inch HP monitor 2560 X 1440 @ 60 Hz.

patn1525

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
I have a HP h8-1360 T computer with an Intel 7 processor. The video card is whatever came standard. I want to use an HP 32 inch monitor 2560 X 1440 monitor with it. The sole use will be to show photos via a photo frame program to the students in my class. The furthermost distance for viewing would be about 25 feet. I want a good representation of the photos, no blurry or fuzzy representations. Question is; is the standard video card (whatever it is) good enough for my purposes or do I have to update the video card. Thanks OJ.

Solution
regardless if the monitor uses either HDMI or DVI for input, you shouldn't have an issue with resolution output support from the video card when using either.

However, VGA might possibly give you trouble depending on what kind of VGA tech is used, but honestly, if it's a 1440p monitor it should have a DVI input at least and your graphics card should also have a DVI output that you can use.

So as was already stated by the other person here, the video card won't have any issues displaying things.

However, a 32" at 25ft away might give you some trouble in terms of details since that much distance from that size monitor will result in details not being easily seen unless of course you zoom in.

If only using it for the sake of an image...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
That PC has quite a few options for video cards, you'll have to tell me what one you have.

Press the Win+R keys on your keyboard then type "dxdiag" without quotes then press enter.
then click through the prompt.

Then when the DX Diag window appears, go to the display tab and see what GPU you have.

patn1525

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014
That PC has quite a few options for video cards, you'll have to tell me what one you have.

Press the Win+R keys on your keyboard then type "dxdiag" without quotes then press enter.
then click through the prompt.

Then when the DX Diag window appears, go to the display tab and see what GPU you have.
Relative to my above question, and your response, I checked. The computer indicates I have a NVIDIG GeForce GT 630. Is this card sufficient for my classroom needs using a 32 inch HP monitor which is a QHD with 2560 X 1440 resolution at 60 hzs. Thanks in advance.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
regardless if the monitor uses either HDMI or DVI for input, you shouldn't have an issue with resolution output support from the video card when using either.

However, VGA might possibly give you trouble depending on what kind of VGA tech is used, but honestly, if it's a 1440p monitor it should have a DVI input at least and your graphics card should also have a DVI output that you can use.

So as was already stated by the other person here, the video card won't have any issues displaying things.

However, a 32" at 25ft away might give you some trouble in terms of details since that much distance from that size monitor will result in details not being easily seen unless of course you zoom in.

If only using it for the sake of an image as a whole, then 25ft shouldn't be an issue for simply trying to show something, and the video card supports that resolution output.

A bigger display is honestly what I would suggest for classroom viewing of things. even if it's a 1080p television of a larger size since it doesn't have to be a monitor, as long as the version of the GT 630 you have has an HDMI port on it, you can connect it to an HDTV.

Solution