Video card artifacting

albn99

Distinguished
May 11, 2013
Hello. I notice my video artifacting at seemingly random times. Either in a game or using normal programs like Firefox. Sometimes parts of a game artifact such as textures. Other times the entire screen of one monitor goes nuts.

Other times, it works. I am hoping the card is not faulty, such as thermal failure causing vram issues - or worse, other issues elsewhere like RAM.
:/

I ran a valley test, and all seemed well. Then ran the benchmark. Temps under load ran about 75c. This cannot be good, right? Looking on Google, some say it is designed to be that way, but I am not an expert. Anyway, I also ran Video Memory stress Test v1.7, and it appears the test failed? I am not very sure what the details mean, though.

Test results:
Changing video mode to 640x480x16...OK
[10/15/2018 1:56:50 PM] Test started for "Primary Display Driver (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080)"...
Trying 16bpp RGB:565 mode...OK
TEST FAIL (Code: 8876017C)
Trying 16bpp RGB:555 mode...OK
Trying 16bpp BGR:565 mode...NOT SUPPORTED (Code: 80004001)
Trying 32bpp RGB:888 mode...OK
Trying 32bpp BGR:888 mode...NOT SUPPORTED (Code: 80004001)
NO PASS COMPLETED

specs:

i7 8700k
PNY GTX 1080
Asus Z370-PLUS
16 gig DDR 4
crappy dual monitor setup, and have doubts that has anything to do with the issue, though.
My system is overclockable, but I have not overclocked anything as of yet.

Thank you for your time.

albn99

Distinguished
May 11, 2013
Sure. Once I notice any problem I will post screenshots or a video.

Furthermore, I called PNY, and they suggested checking the power supply and the cabling and to see if seated correctly. I opened my case, cleaned out a few dust bunnies and re-did all my cable management, as horrific as it is. Perhaps it is a driver/other software issue? Could be. I have a Youtube video downloader that causes horrific instability, Although that is pretty far-fetched.

Anyway, PNY said if all the other troubleshooting has failed, they said to call back and go from there. I really hope so, because this thing cost me $600! :/

UPDATE: Sorry for the long delay. I took the computer apart, cleaned it, and reseated all my cards. The computer case was not that dirty at all, but it seems re-seating things solved the problem. If it artifacts again, I will let you know. Thank you, @uppercut4u.

TRENDING THREADS