Video Card Choice

RazorJ

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2014
Hello, I am looking at a new video card for my PC. I've got around a 200 dollar budget and am looking to replace a GeForce GT 430 with something a little better. At the moment I am looking on NCIX and they have an ASUS GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC 1150MHZ 2GB 5.4GHZ DDR5 PCI-E Video Card on for $164 CDN.

PassMark shows this as a decent video card for the money but a few Radeon 270s for a little more at more performance.

I am a little lost on what I should be looking at.

Any help on which would be a good card to get or where the best deal is for a sub 200 dollar video card that is better than my current 430 would be awesome.

Thanks.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 830 2.7 Ghz
4 Ghz mem
GeForce GT 430 Video Card
460 Watt PSU

Can't seem to get an answer, seems this 750 Ti OC is a decent card so I'll get it.

Thanks anyway!

Obnoxious

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
I'd go with the GTX 750 Ti.

The R9 270 is a little better in performance however you may not notice in any difference in gaming; with that said however, your PSU may not be able to handle the R9 270. We don't have enough information on your PSU but purely assuming from the watts you have mentioned, I'm going to assume it could be troublesome (not common however).

The GTX 750 Ti should work in your PSU no issues however, it's doesn't require additional power connectors and is powered directly by the PCI-Express bus; it's extremely energy efficient for it's performance. Your CPU however may bottleneck the GPU; I'd look for a processor upgrade in the future if you're not getting the performance gain you expect. You may be fine depending on the games you desire to play anyhow.

Again the GTX 750 Ti is your best bet in my opinion.

All the best. :)