Question Video Card Crashing All Games ?

Immense13

Reputable
Oct 12, 2016
If anyone is able to help me at all I've been dealing with this problem for 3 days now none of my games are working properly at all, all of them crash. The 3 different error messages I've gotten are "insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program", "failed initialization err_gfx_d3d_init" (from GTA V), and "your rendering device has been lost". Sometimes my PC as a whole will freeze while trying to launch any game I have (not often though)

Specs
Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS Evo 2070S 8GB
32GB of Corsair Vengence RGB Pro CL16
B450 Tomahawk Max

I noticed that it seemed to be after a night that I think had an update, so I downgraded to an earlier version of W10 to no avail as well. I attempted to troubleshoot the PC with advanced startup and it told me it found nothing wrong with Windows at all. I tried reinstalling my GPU drivers as well and one of my games launched, but the moment I attempted to bump the resolution to 1080p it died again.

Now, I had the "your rendering device has been lost" issue sometime last month and what I did that THOUGHT fixed it was opening command prompt as admin and entering these commands.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

After I also ran the command sfc /scannow to verify the integrity of everything, restarted my PC and nothing worked.

I tried managing the paging file size for my drives manually as well to no avail.
Looking into the "failed initialization err_gfx_d3d_init" error, it seems to be some sort of D3D issue as well which would explain why my screen anytime I try to launch a game goes black for a second and reinitializes my monitors as if I just plugged them in and then my game crashes. This is the result of the info from DxDiag.
https://pastebin.com/raw/v0MVzwcf

Last edited: