Question Video Card Display Port No Signal

Jun 2, 2019
Does Any Know How To Fix A Video Card That Will Not Display After About A Minute Before No Signal.

Maybe My Card Is Dead.

It Will Start Up But About 30 Second Then It Will Display No Signal.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019
Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600 Processor
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard (ATX) AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 B450
Memory: VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16 Memory Kit — Black
Power Supply Unit: CX Series™ CX650M — 650 Watt 80 PLUS® Bronze Certified Modular ATX PSU
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2070 XC Ultra Gaming 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card with Dual HDB Fans & RGB LED
Solid State Drive: Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 250GB Internal PCI Express 3.0 x4 (NVMe) Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology
Case: AeroCool Cylon RGB Mid Tower with Acrylic Side Window, Black

I Removed The Entire Body Of The Video Card And Replaced It With Arctic Accelero Extreme. I Might Have Touched The Video Card And Placed It On My Thigh. I Did Wipe It With Disinfecting Wipe.

Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600 Processor
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming Motherboard (ATX) AMD Ryzen 2 AM4 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 B450
Memory: VENGEANCE® RGB PRO 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16 Memory Kit — Black
Power Supply Unit: CX Series™ CX650M — 650 Watt 80 PLUS® Bronze Certified Modular ATX PSU
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce RTX 2070 XC Ultra Gaming 8GB GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card with Dual HDB Fans & RGB LED
Solid State Drive: Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 250GB Internal PCI Express 3.0 x4 (NVMe) Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology
Case: AeroCool Cylon RGB Mid Tower with Acrylic Side Window, Black

I Removed The Entire Body Of The Video Card And Replaced It With Arctic Accelero Extreme. I Might Have Touched The Video Card And Placed It On My Thigh. I Did Wipe It With Disinfecting Wipe.

If it works for a bit, maybe it's overheating, could be some other damage though also, not easy to tell with what you did.

lynx1021

Distinguished
Well it is not a good idea to wipe electronics down with a disinfecting wipe, about the same as using a wet wash rag.
I did not see the RTX 2070 XC in the compatible list of cards for that cooler. Did you handle it with anti-static precautions? Put heat sink compound on? You need to make sure the back heatsink is not touching the contacts on the board. Did the card come without a heat sink? I saw some one selling a GPU on eBay without a heat sink , strange.

Jun 2, 2019
Well it is not a good idea to wipe electronics down with a disinfecting wipe, about the same as using a wet wash rag.
I did not see the RTX 2070 XC in the compatible list of cards for that cooler. Did you handle it with anti-static precautions? Put heat sink compound on? You need to make sure the back heatsink is not touching the contacts on the board. Did the card come without a heat sink? I saw some one selling a GPU on eBay without a heat sink , strange.

Everything Came In It's Original Packing.
I Did Apply Thermal Compound On
It Was Already Pre Applied
I Didn't Put On The Back Plate Because It Was Too Much Of A Hassle.
The Heat Sink Is Kinda In A Awkward Position.
I Didn't Really Handle The Card Well.
I Didn't Add Thermal Pad Maybe That Is The Issue.
I Kinda Screwed Myself Wiping It.

lynx1021

Distinguished
You said "
I Did Apply Thermal Compound On
It Was Already Pre Applied " "I Didn't Add Thermal Pad Maybe That Is The Issue" What thermal pad? Where is it supposed to go if you have alredy used thermal paste? Why did you change the heat sink? You may just have to bring it to a shop and get them to put Eyes on it. Where is the original heat sink? Can you put it back on?