video card display ports

Maitham

Reputable
Oct 17, 2015
hi guys

i have an ati 6970 that has 1 hdmi 2 dvi ports and 2 other ports that i have no idea about and i never used

i have my video card connected to my av receiver then my av receiver to my samsung led tv and a 1 dvi port to an assus monitor

but since av reciver hdmi output broke i had to connect my av reciver to my video card using hdmi cable and using it like a sound card for audio only

and my monitor is the same connected by the dvi but i want to use 1 of the 2 other ports to connect them to my tv i heard they are called display ports i want to know if they have same quality image as hdmi or same colors because i heard that the dvi has less picture quality and for some reason my second dvi port is not working no matter what i connect to it . it get black screen

Dual%20Fan%207.jpg

thats how the back of my video card look like you can see the 2 small ports to the left of the hdmi

Any help would be greatly appreciated im really stuck and i dont know how to get my tv connected :(

Maitham

Reputable
Oct 17, 2015
thanks for the reply

it would harm my card if i used the 3 ports :( ?

the dvi port never worked since the day i bought the card and i never returned it coz i never thought i would need it

i have an old gt 240 that has hdmi port if i connect to my motherboard second video card slot will it work ?

i just wan to use the hdmi port

Maitham

Reputable
Oct 17, 2015
i think the ports i have on my video card are mini display ports ?

they looks smaller than the displayports that i saw in google so i will need some kind of an adapter to make the second end to an hdmi becouse my tv has hdmi ports only and i was wondering if that will couse any problems ?