Video card dying?

Jun 7, 2018
Hello,

When I go to start up Rainbow Six Siege, in full screen it has a red tint to it.

When I get into the menu, it looks like so:

When I go to tab out the game crashes.
When I try in borderless, nothing changes.
When I try to manually change the ini folder to start up in windowed, the game crashes.

My card has been updated prior to this, I've tried resetting my settings within the nvidia control panel.

I've also tried changing out the cable to make sure it wasn't just the cable itself.

This also happens on another game I play but can be fixed just by tabbing out of the game and back in. An a third game I play, it doesn't happen at all.

Does anyone have an idea of what the issue could be?

Thank you in advanced.

I'm not sure what else to try.

Solution
Did you enable any sort of 3d or color corretion in drivers? I would suggest to completely remove the old driver using Display Driver Uninstaller and downloading the latest driver. Also make sure gpu isn't clogged with dust, also make sure the pcie power connector (if any) is connected properly.

Since this is omly happening on the 3D characters and not on the menu alphabets I suspect a bad driver or some fkd up settings.

ron2456

Distinguished
Did you enable any sort of 3d or color corretion in drivers? I would suggest to completely remove the old driver using Display Driver Uninstaller and downloading the latest driver. Also make sure gpu isn't clogged with dust, also make sure the pcie power connector (if any) is connected properly.

Since this is omly happening on the 3D characters and not on the menu alphabets I suspect a bad driver or some fkd up settings.

Solution
Jun 7, 2018

This work, I used the DDU to unistall my GPU drivers and rebooted, then reinstalled the newest drivers from my GPU maker's website and this seems to have fixed the issue at hand.

Thank you both for the help.

TRENDING THREADS