[SOLVED] video card for playing Pro Evolution soccer?

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
First of all, I never had a video card before because I did not play game. Recently I start to play Pro Evolution Soccer on my PC, however, I feel frustrated with the lag between I hit on the gamepad and the screen, I don't know if it is due to the fact that I do not have a video card. My CPU is intel i5 (purchased many years ago), I think it should have built-in graphics, isn't it enough for Pro Evolution Soccer? If I will probably only play this game, what is the most economic video card would you recommend?

Solution
what I know is
PSU = Antec 400w (forget the exact model, something like Neo Eco)
CPU = intel i5 (forget the frequency)
8GB RAM
256GB SSD
a DVD writer connected
no other hard drive connected

OK, what's your budget?

"i5" covers dozens of CPUs over a decade of greatly differing performance, so again, you're going to have to be more specific. Use Speccy. The minimum requirements list an i5-3470 and there are both much superior and much inferior i5 CPUs.

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
here is the system reqs. for the game

https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/pro-evolution-soccer-2019-system-requirements

you will need to have 8GB RAM and at least by today standards GTX 1050 ti

dont get lower card , is not worth it

Hi I have 8GB RAM running on Intel i5, but you can assume that I will not play
any other game, that is the only game I will play because I only like soccer.
Can I get a more economic card??

by the way do I need to look at the board to see if the slot is compatible when purchasing a card?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hi I have 8GB RAM running on Intel i5, but you can assume that I will not play
any other game, that is the only game I will play because I only like soccer.
Can I get a more economic card??

by the way do I need to look at the board to see if the slot is compatible when purchasing a card?

The requirements to run a game well are going to be the same whether it's the only game you play or one of a hundred games you play.

The best way to tell compatibility is, again, to provide all the specs for your PC. It's usually a power supply issue more than having the right slot -- the vast majority of most modern PCs will have PCIE slots -- but it's hard to say because you haven't told us anything about your PC other than "i5" and 8 GB of RAM.

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
The requirements to run a game well are going to be the same whether it's the only game you play or one of a hundred games you play.

The best way to tell compatibility is, again, to provide all the specs for your PC. It's usually a power supply issue more than having the right slot -- the vast majority of most modern PCs will have PCIE slots -- but it's hard to say because you haven't told us anything about your PC other than "i5" and 8 GB of RAM.

Where can I find the full spec of my computer. I am not computer enthusiast it was built by computer shop many years ago

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
And for things like the PSU, you'll physically have to open your PC and look at it. You need to, also; the PSU is almost always the most important factor when evaluating a new GPU.

what I know is
8GB RAM
256GB SSD
a DVD writer connected

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
what I know is
8GB RAM
256GB SSD
a DVD writer connected

OK, what's your budget?

"i5" covers dozens of CPUs over a decade of greatly differing performance, so again, you're going to have to be more specific. Use Speccy. The minimum requirements list an i5-3470 and there are both much superior and much inferior i5 CPUs.

Solution