Video Card in a HP Pavillion

Sep 8, 2018
Hey, I was looking to buy a graphics card for my computer but I don't know if it is compatible. My computer is the HP Pavillion 570-p094. One of my buddies said that I could put a graphics card in my computer but I don't really know. The graphics card I wanted was the 1060 3gb or 6gb. I friend also said that I would need a new power supply with the graphics card. So if I do know something about this, please put a word in the reply box. Thanks for reading this.

Solution
I was looking to buy a graphics card for my computer but I don't know if it is compatible.
We don't know either, but you may read the info in the linker ( from HP Customer Support ), and boot into the BIOS to see you can find there are the features for the "Secure Boot" or "Legacy Boot" or not. Also you may try other GPU if you have one, before you buy the gtx1060 3gb. And you may check the BIOS too, if it is not the newer one, you will need to update it for the gtx1060.
HP Customer Support https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653200

One more, you have to buy other good PSU for the gtx1060, because your PC had the 180W PSU, which can not power up the gtx1060.

If you can't boot the PC with other after market GPU, don't buy...
I was looking to buy a graphics card for my computer but I don't know if it is compatible.
We don't know either, but you may read the info in the linker ( from HP Customer Support ), and boot into the BIOS to see you can find there are the features for the "Secure Boot" or "Legacy Boot" or not. Also you may try other GPU if you have one, before you buy the gtx1060 3gb. And you may check the BIOS too, if it is not the newer one, you will need to update it for the gtx1060.
HP Customer Support https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03653200

One more, you have to buy other good PSU for the gtx1060, because your PC had the 180W PSU, which can not power up the gtx1060.

If you can't boot the PC with other after market GPU, don't buy the gtx1060, because you may have the same problem, the incompatibility problem.

Solution