Question Video Card/Network adapter issue ?

rainbueza

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
Hi guys, I am having a weird issue on my pc, everytime my video card loads up, the network adapter would become disabled and will stop working. so this means that when you open up a game, I will be disconnected from the internet. At first this has something to do with security issues on windows or Antivirus, so I decided to stress-test my gpu via furmark. then wolla, while running tests, ethernet disconnected with error says LAN cable are disconnected or the network adapter will not start property. I am not sure if the GPU is sucking up too much power to the point that other components of the motherboard like the network adapter will behave abnormally ?

Specs are as follows:
Asus Prime B450M-A Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 3600G
AMD Radeon RX 580 Powercolor Devil
Ramsta Full modular 750watt PSU (one-week old)
Kingston Hyper X Fury DDR4 16gb

Have any of you experienced this? What would possible be the issue? I have already tried the ff:
- Update Network adapter drivers
- Refresh ip via CMD (ip config refresh release renew
- Cleaned DNS cookies etc
- Changed PSU

Now my pc is working fine as long as I don't run any games.

Hope you can help me guys.

Thank you.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Weird issue. Wouldn't be surprised that psu is the cause. What's the warranty on that 2~3yrs? Get yourself something decent first off, Corsair Rm650x then go from there.

Modular psus require you to replace all cables, don't reuse Ramsta cables with another modular psu.

Reactions: rainbueza
Ramsta Full modular PSU 750watts
That PSU seems to be very sketchy.
Can you show a photo of PSU info label?

I want this photo but with enough resolution to be readable.

RamstaRB750750W-a_2048x2048.png

Reactions: rainbueza

rainbueza

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
U gonna need to download the driver from a device that has internet and put in USB drive and then u gonna right click on that networking adapter that is not working and select update driver and select the driver on USB drive.
I downloaded the latest the network adapter driver from ASUS websites. I have internet as long as I am not playing or stressing my GPU, so I was able to download the latest driver. and still problem persists. thank you though, appreciate your reply <3

rainbueza

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
Weird issue. Wouldn't be surprised that psu is the cause. What's the warranty on that 2~3yrs? Get yourself something decent first off, Corsair Rm650x then go from there.

Modular psus require you to replace all cables, don't reuse Ramsta cables with another modular psu.
To be honest, I am starting to feel bad about this PSU brand. My former PSUs were FSP and Seasonic which were good, I just bought this Ramsta PSU because it is the cheapest MOdular PSU I saw in the online market. now I think im paying the consequence :(

It's closer to 650W rating than 750W.
It has only 624W on 12V rail.
Not sure about quality of that thing. Can't find any reviews.

Anyway - I'd try with a discrete ethernet card. Could be there's a problem with integrated ethernet controller.

A9008619.jpg

I have to agree with the other people here that the PSU is suspect. I'll add that it can also be heat. Interestingly enough, a lower wattage PSU can generate more heat as well if lower efficiency, but the GPU is probably generating heat; if the time to failure is very quick after the GPU is under load, then I would think it is a PSU issue. If instead the time to failure has a slight delay once load starts, then I would tend to favor heat (heat from the GPU takes time to affect other parts, but if it is inadequate PSU, then the effect is likely rather quick to occur once load starts).

What @sycoreaper mentions is also quite possible. I wouldn't consider it high on probability with PCI-based devices, but it can still occur. My guess is that if this were the issue that the system would have never worked well. One thing you could do is to test this under a Linux "live" DVD/thumb drive distribution, e.g., Ubuntu 22, which does not require actual install (it runs in RAM), and see what shows up. You'd monitor "dmesg --follow" and then put the system under load (it could be as simple as watching one or multiple simultaneous videos from YouTube; videos load both network and GPU). Any errors would imply hardware issues since none of the software is in common with Windows.

SyCoREAPER

Honorable
Jan 11, 2018
It's closer to 650W rating than 750W.
It has only 624W on 12V rail.
Not sure about quality of that thing. Can't find any reviews.

Anyway - I'd try with a discrete ethernet card. Could be there's a problem with integrated ethernet controller.

A9008619.jpg

I have a personal vendetta against TP Link and D-Link. They've given me nothing but problems and poor performance.

If the MB ethernet is in fact defect or dead, if I were the OP I'd spend the extra cash towards an Asus card or if on a budget Hiro.

rainbueza

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2012
Hi, just to give an update, since my psu is a modular, there is one extra cable for pcie that comes up with psu, so i used it to see if the problem would still occur and the problem has been solved. I was able to play dota 2 and cs2 without any disconnection or diabling network adapter. Although im not so sure if this is just temporary but im now sure that the brand new psu has issues in it since this is the first time i experienced it. I never experienced this with my previous psu's (FSP and Seasonic). So I am planning to buy a new PSU again with a descrent brand now. Either Corsair, Huntkey or FSP. Thank you for all your replies guys. Appreciate it so much.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hi, just to give an update, since my psu is a modular, there is one extra cable for pcie that comes up with psu, so i used it to see if the problem would still occur and the problem has been solved. I was able to play dota 2 and cs2 without any disconnection or diabling network adapter. Although im not so sure if this is just temporary but im now sure that the brand new psu has issues in it since this is the first time i experienced it. I never experienced this with my previous psu's (FSP and Seasonic). So I am planning to buy a new PSU again with a descrent brand now. Either Corsair, Huntkey or FSP. Thank you for all your replies guys. Appreciate it so much.
Wait, don't buy a Huntkey; that's another company that frequently uses dodgy cheap parts with PSUs designed for PCs of 1998. A few of them were even featured in Death of a Gutless Wonder back on JonnyGuru.com.