[SOLVED] Video card not identified

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
So a few weeks ago I received my Nvidia rtx 2070 super and i for sure uninstalled the drivers from my 1060 and installed the new ones, today i was in the mood for fallout 4 and at the launcher it said it couldn’t identify my gpu and it set the video quality on low, i changed the settings and even went to Geforce experience to optimize it to ultra and what not and played FO4 then it crashed 20 seconds later, what do i do? Do i need to uninstall my drivers and reinstall them? Or uninstall the game? Ive noticed in most games like apex etc...there hasnt been much of an increase in frames than the 1060, is it because of my 6700k cpu?

Solution
When i got the card i did uninstall the drivers for the 1060 and whats WHQL?
You should do it in this order when swapping a GPU.
Uninstall old drivers.
Power off.
Remove GPU.
Install new GPU and power on.
Let Windows do its thing (drivers installation).
Install Drivers for new GPU.

Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) is just Microsoft certified drivers.

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
You should do it in this order when swapping a GPU.
Uninstall old drivers.
Power off.
Remove GPU.
Install new GPU and power on.
Let Windows do its thing (drivers installation).
Install Drivers for new GPU.

Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL) is just Microsoft certified drivers.
Is DDU a good uninstaller? So atm i have the 2070 super already in my pc, so should I uninstall the 2070 super or reinstall the 1060 and uninstall?

FluffyButtonsXD

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
Yes, you could use DDU is safe mode, the reboot and install the new drivers.
But I currently have the rtx card installed and i have its drivers downloaded, i just dont see a fps gain, and i feel its from the 1060 drivers, so i have the rtx card installed, if i use DDU will it uninstall all drivers like even say the 1060 drivers since i have the 2070 super installed if that makes sense